Bulk edit callwaiting tone

Dear all,

I’m have about 200 extensions and i want to enable for each one the call waiting tone.

when i’m exporting the extenions i can see the cwtone is empty i tried with enabled , enable , ENABLED and didn’t work.
Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,
KC

Enable CW on one extension, export and check what the value is.

1 Like

… and when you reimport, just import the field(s) you changed and the required key fields.

Guys i already did that it’s “enabled” but didn’t work out.
:tired_face:

What didn’t work out? Can you please elaborate on what exact steps you did?

1.from extension i go into a extension and i enable the cw tone.
2.applying the asterisk
3.download from bulk the extensions
4. edit all extensions to enabled the cwtone
5. upload the bulk
6. reload the asterisk.

Anyone? seems that the cwtone can not be change from bulk import…

I haven’t been able to look too closely, but the tone itself should be a sound file, and if that’s the case, you should be choosing a different cwtone file name. If the name you chose doesn’t exist, then the default would be used.

Now, as always, I could be completely out of my depth here, but I think that’s how it works. The log file should tell you one way or the other, so check ‘/var/log/asterisk/full’ for your example call and see what the system is doing, rather than having us just guess what we think is going on.

What versions of FPBX and asterisk are you using?

‘Tones’ are defined for asterisk by the root file

which mostly looks like

[general]
#include indications_general_additional.conf
#include indications_general_custom.conf
#include indications_additional.conf
#include indications_custom.conf

which basically results in default Bell Phone tones, so add you custom tone, properly named, to 

/etc/asterisk/indications_custom.conf

after consuming

https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/configs/samples/indications.conf.sample

Thanks all for replying,

@cynjut
The sound is works fine the problem is that i cannot buld edit for all my extensions…

@dicko
Seems indications tones aren’t that i’m looking for bellow you will see a screenshot with the option that i need to mass update

@nielsen
it’s freepbx 15.0.17.37 with asterisk 16.17.0

seems from bulk edit the column cwtone is to enable or disable call waiting and not call waiting tone.

I’m trying to update all extensions with Call waiting tone switch to enable.

Can you share the CSV file you are using (with any sensitive things redacted?)

extension	password	name	voicemail	ringtimer	noanswer	recording	outboundcid	sipname	noanswer_cid	busy_cid	chanunavail_cid	noanswer_dest	busy_dest	chanunavail_dest	mohclass	id	tech	dial	devicetype	user	description	emergency_cid	hint_override	cwtone	recording_in_external	recording_out_external	recording_in_internal	recording_out_internal	recording_ondemand	recording_priority	answermode	intercom	cid_masquerade	concurrency_limit	devicedata	accountcode	aggregate_mwi	allow	avpf	bundle	callerid	context	defaultuser	device_state_busy_at	direct_media	disallow	dtmfmode	force_callerid	force_rport	icesupport	mailbox	match	max_audio_streams	max_contacts	max_video_streams	maximum_expiration	media_encryption	media_encryption_optimistic	media_use_received_transport	message_context	mwi_subscription	namedcallgroup	namedpickupgroup	outbound_proxy	qualifyfreq	rewrite_contact	rtcp_mux	rtp_symmetric	rtp_timeout	rtp_timeout_hold	secret	send_connected_line	sendrpid	sipdriver	timers	timers_min_se	transport	trustrpid	user_eq_phone	webrtc	minimum_expiration	refer_blind_progress	callwaiting_enable	findmefollow_strategy	findmefollow_grptime	findmefollow_grppre	findmefollow_grplist	findmefollow_annmsg_id	findmefollow_postdest	findmefollow_dring	findmefollow_needsconf	findmefollow_remotealert_id	findmefollow_toolate_id	findmefollow_ringing	findmefollow_pre_ring	findmefollow_voicemail	findmefollow_calendar_id	findmefollow_calendar_match	findmefollow_changecid	findmefollow_fixedcid	findmefollow_enabled	parkpro_pagegroup	voicemail_enable	voicemail_vmpwd	voicemail_email	voicemail_pager	voicemail_options	voicemail_same_exten	disable_star_voicemail	vmx_unavail_enabled	vmx_busy_enabled	vmx_temp_enabled	vmx_play_instructions	vmx_option_0_number	vmx_option_1_number	vmx_option_2_number
10000		Temp	default	0			1111111111								default	10000	pjsip	PJSIP/10000	fixed	10000	Temp				dontcare	dontcare	dontcare	dontcare	enabled	10	disabled	enabled	10000	3	10000		yes		no	no	Temp  <10000>	from-internal		0	yes		rfc4733		yes	no	10000@device		1	1	1	7200	no	no	no		auto				60	yes	no	yes	0	0	wrongpassword	yes	pai	chan_pjsip	yes	90		no	no				ENABLED	ringallv2-prim	20		10000	0	ext-local,10000,dest			0	0	Ring	7	default		yes	default		yes	1	yes				attach=yes|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no	yes	no	blocked	blocked	blocked	1			
10001		Temp 2	novm	0			1111111111								default	10001	pjsip	PJSIP/10001	fixed	10001	Temp			enabled	dontcare	dontcare	dontcare	dontcare	enabled	10	disabled	enabled	10001	3	10001		yes		no	no	Temp 2 <10001>	from-internal		0	yes		rfc4733		yes	no			1	1	1	7200	no	no	no		auto				60	yes	no	yes	0	0	wrongpassword	yes	yes	chan_pjsip	yes	90		yes	no		60	yes	ENABLED	ringallv2-prim	20		10001		ext-local,10001,dest			0	0	Ring	7	novm		yes	default			1

cwtone is enabled on extenion 10001 if i tried to repload the csv change from blank to enable for extension 10000 nothing going to happen.

Yep, it doesn’t enable the tone for me either. I noticed that when one submits the CSV file, the list of fields shown after submission but before pressing ‘finish’ includes call waiting enabled but not the cwtone field.

So you could instead do the database commands to set this like:
asterisk -rx ‘database put AMPUSER/10001 cwtone enabled’
for each of the extensions.

1 Like

My general thought… Note this is not tested but no reason it shouldn’t “just work”

#!/usr/bin/env php
<?php
include '/etc/freepbx.conf';
$f = FreePBX::Create();
$extensions = array_keys($f->Core->getAllUsers());

foreach($extensions as $extension) {
    $astman->database_put("AMPUSER",$extension."/cwtone",'enabled');
}
2 Likes

thanks for reply seems that resolves my issue @nielsen @jfinstrom but also seems that we found a bug.
after the mass update and then download and reupload the bulk file callwaiting tone is switched to disable again.

Hi, @paperakis Thanks for raising the https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-22625 issue.

Please give try the latest core edge version and update Jira if you find any further issues.

thanks
Kapil

Dear Kapil seems that is fixed but i found another one.
Should i open a new ticket or it’s fine by adding it here?

if we add CID Prefix from bulk edit seems that also being ingored.

extension password name voicemail ringtimer noanswer recording outboundcid sipname noanswer_cid busy_cid chanunavail_cid noanswer_dest busy_dest chanunavail_dest mohclass id tech dial devicetype user description emergency_cid hint_override cwtone recording_in_external recording_out_external recording_in_internal recording_out_internal recording_ondemand recording_priority answermode intercom cid_masquerade concurrency_limit devicedata accountcode aggregate_mwi allow avpf bundle callerid context defaultuser device_state_busy_at direct_media disallow dtmfmode force_rport icesupport mailbox match max_audio_streams max_contacts max_video_streams maximum_expiration media_encryption media_encryption_optimistic media_use_received_transport message_context minimum_expiration mwi_subscription namedcallgroup namedpickupgroup outbound_proxy qualifyfreq refer_blind_progress rewrite_contact rtcp_mux rtp_symmetric rtp_timeout rtp_timeout_hold secret send_connected_line sendrpid sipdriver timers timers_min_se transport trustrpid user_eq_phone force_callerid webrtc callwaiting_enable findmefollow_strategy findmefollow_grptime findmefollow_grppre findmefollow_grplist findmefollow_annmsg_id findmefollow_postdest findmefollow_dring findmefollow_needsconf findmefollow_remotealert_id findmefollow_toolate_id findmefollow_ringing findmefollow_pre_ring findmefollow_voicemail findmefollow_calendar_id findmefollow_calendar_match findmefollow_changecid findmefollow_fixedcid findmefollow_enabled parkpro_pagegroup voicemail_enable voicemail_vmpwd voicemail_email voicemail_pager voicemail_options voicemail_same_exten disable_star_voicemail vmx_unavail_enabled vmx_busy_enabled vmx_temp_enabled vmx_play_instructions vmx_option_0_number vmx_option_1_number vmx_option_2_number
10000 Temp default 0 111111 via test: via test1: via test2: default 10000 pjsip PJSIP/10000 fixed 10000 Temp enabled dontcare dontcare dontcare dontcare enabled 10 disabled enabled 10000 3 10000 yes no no Temp <10000> from-internal 0 yes rfc4733 yes no 10000@device 1 1 1 7200 no no no 60 auto 60 yes yes no yes 0 0 wrongpassword yes pai chan_pjsip yes 90 no no ENABLED ringallv2-prim 20 10000 ext-local,10000,dest 0 0 Ring 7 default yes default yes 1 yes [email protected] attach=yes saycid=no envelope=no delete=no yes no blocked blocked blocked 1

Please keep that in mind that i first edit through GUI download and reupload the csv.

New ticket please.