hi i am having some major issues with bria for android and I am having trouble figuring it out.
i tried both freepbx and direct connect to a sip provider using wifi and i always get the same result. i can hear the other party perfectly but they always have trouble hearing me. they say i fade in and out.
if i switch to 4g it gets even worst. i get the following error everytime i try to make a call. wifi has the other issue but atleast i can make a call.
You might set up a conf room on your FreePBX system, call in from a known working SIP phone and then in from Bria and see if you experience the same thing (presuming the PBX and the Android device are on the same LAN.)
Also, and I know some will not like to hear me recommend this, but I have had way better luck with Bria on iOS and Android when using the g729 codec.
Its just an opinion but, it can push the bitrate lower (as low as 5kbps) and one thing i do like and i see work in SILK is the FEC (forward error correction) which simply means, no words in the voice will be dropped eventhough the network is crappy it will somehow reach (unless its a complete timeout) and its also dynamic with the bitrate if you don’t force a lowest number on the maxbitrate value
Bria works much better in IOS than Android. The ios product is simply more mature. I would also suggest you use their forum as they are quite good in debugging these issues. If you have audio issues in Bria play with the “Global IP” option and enable/disable the STUN server.