BLF key for DAY night mode or CALL flow control

Hi Seniors, I need your help in setting the blf key for Call flow control. When I assing *280 on my phone blf key, it’s works great for changing the mode of asterisk from day to night and vice versa. But I need blf indication on that key also, means if asterisk is in day mode then blf key should be green and if it is in night mode then blf key should be red. Please help me by simplifying this.

You answered your own question. Create a BLF key on your phone with *280 as the extension number and it should just work as long as your phone support Asterisk style BLF’s

Yes you are right Tony, But problem is after assigning this blf module work great. But no sip subscription is registered in the asterisk for that phone blf and there is no light on the key ?

Tools

Advanced Settings

Enable Custom Device States

Set to “True”

Click the Green Check Box to the Right

Reload the page

Click the Orange Bar at the top.

Thanks, this was really helpful.

Was looking for a way to show if in day/night mode on Yealink T38G.
Following all above works perfectly.
Thanks again.

"Tools Advanced

Tools

Advanced Settings

Enable Custom Device States

Set to “True”

Click the Green Check Box to the Right

Reload the page

Click the Orange Bar at the top."

I have the same issue. But where to I find these setting you mentioned?

What are you using this on? What version of freepbx? Distro version or other??
From the fact it is talking about orange bar, this would probably have been for Trixbox (now dead i think).
Still works on my T38 on 1.8xx FreePBX distro.

Hi,
I am using the latest stable FreePBX, fully updated (32bit). I was able to make a Call Flow Control triggered by a BLF button on a Yealink SIP-T28P but the light stays black.

Any advice?

If you look through all the menus you would have seen in settings - advanced settings - enable custom device states. Set this to true and map blf on phone to *280. Should work like a charm.

Followed the instructions perfectly above and still had issues.
I was beating my head against the wall with an off light on my 942 for about an hour, then remembered you have to set server type to :asterisk on the SPA’s in the Phone tab below line 4. Then I got an orange light and still did not work. So I decided to go look at hints and noticed there was not one!
Went back to Time Conditions and staring me in the face was an option I had never seen before “Generate BLF Hint” WAS NOT CHECKED.
I think after I turned on the advanced settings you have to go back and check that…
Just an FYI for others that may try and do this. :slight_smile:
It’s working like a charm now, Green when we are open and red when closed, and it displays the status if the timer changes us from open to closed… etc… Always displays if we are open or closed no matter how it was changed either manual override or time condition based.
Hope it helps…
~Steve~

funman,
I followed your and others suggestion , i have my call flow BLF button works OK
How can I achieve this BLF to follow also the time condition as you state ?? or better, how did you route your inbound calls through timecondition/callflow the same time to make it works together ??
Thanks