Blacklisted numbers are blocked for a few seconds before getting through as 'unknown.'

Our blacklist isn’t working the way I know it should. I’m sure I set something up wrong, but I can’t figure out what.

We get caller ID, so the blacklist should work just fine in theory. When testing by blacklisting my own number, the call rings on the cell phone for a while (longer than normal) and then eventually makes it through Asterisk to the extensions on the ring group. The weird part is that when my number is not blacklisted, my caller id shows up on the extensions; when it is blacklisted, Asterisk seems to strip the caller id and then lets it through instead of dropping the call. I’ve also set it to block unknown numbers, but that also isn’t working.

Let me know what I can provide to help solve the problem.
Thank you!

Logs are going to be critical to finding this. We need you to log a call and show us how it’s happening.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs

Sorry for never getting around to sending the logs. Just thought I’d update here in case anyone else has a similar problem.

I figured out that my PBX wasn’t sending the correct signal for hanging up. As a temporary workaround, I’m forwarding blocked calls to a fake number (8888888888).

Now I just need to figure out how to properly send the hang up signal!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.