Bill calls made between extensions

Hi,
We are looking at providing VoIP for our customers via a wireless network.
We are able to bill the clients for calls made via the trunk to the “outside”, but calls made between extensions does not show up on the freepbx billing module.

We managed to run the calls through a custom “loopback” trunk. This was done so that we can tick the trunk as a “billing capable” trunk in the billing module. The billing report still doesn’t show any of those calls.

Is there a reason for the above problem?
Is there a better solution for the above issue?

Thanks

Yeah - offer free calls between extensions as a feature, and stop being so greedy.

Sorry, but when someone says they want to profit on extension-to-extension calls, I’m at a loss to understand why they’d think that anyone would want to help them do that for free. If you really feel you need to do this, there is paid support available - maybe if you paid someone enough (and I hope they make you pay dearly), they can figure out some way for you to accomplish this.

Or, you know, you could just advertise that calls between users are free, and hope that would induce your customers to bring you added business.

Before leaving a comment like that, please find out all the information and do not make assumptions.

If you don’t know the answer, then rather do not answer at all.

We rolled out a wireless network costing us a huge amount of money, time and effort. We are looking at a means of offering services such as the one (and only) telecoms company in South Africa. They also then seem “greedy” as we have to pay for calls made to other clients on their infrastructure.

This is a development phase, we are looking at different models and ideas. So, if anyone has a real answer (idea or operation model) we will gladly pay for something worthwhile.

The question really only stipulated a “is it possible” scenario rather than a “lets pay a few bucks and see IF any paid support will be better than community support”.

Thanks

My comment (as an operator of a regional ITSP) is why would you use FreePBX in the first place for this application? It may be easy but it is not the best solution.

For simple setups it may be best to roll your own package. The tools over at 2600hz.org will let you do that with Asterisk or FreePBX. A2billing is also something you need to investigate.

I someone who answers flippantly often I have to say it was hard not to have a sarcastic answer. Basing a “business model” on this type of application integration calls your entire business model into suspect.

My comment (as an operator of a regional ITSP) is why would you use FreePBX in the first place for this application? It may be easy but it is not the best solution.

For simple setups it may be best to roll your own package. The tools over at 2600hz.org will let you do that with Asterisk or FreePBX. A2billing is also something you need to investigate.

I someone who answers flippantly often I have to say it was hard not to have a sarcastic answer. Basing a “business model” on this type of application integration calls your entire business model into suspect.

Thanks, we will look into alternative solutions as well.
As I said, this is purely an investigation into what is available on the market in this development and research phase.