Big Red Error running upgrade scripts

[Symfony\Component\Process\Exception\ProcessTimedOutException]
The process “runuser -l asterisk -c “cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucpnode/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/ucp && mkdir -p logs && export FOREVER_ROOT=/var/lib/asterisk/ucp && expor
t ASTLOGDIR=/var/log/asterisk && export HOME=/home/asterisk/ && npm stop”” exceeded the timeout of 60 seconds.

Anybody else seeing this? It seems to be related to UCP Node Server which refuses to update - I have seen this on MANY machines lately - it get’s past it eventually, but it does slow down the update process - this is when applying the 10.13.66.x series of scripts.

runuser -l asterisk -c "cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucpnode/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/ucp && mkdir -p logs && export FOREVER_ROOT=/var/lib/asterisk/ucp && export ASTLOGDIR=/var/log/asterisk && export HOME=/home/asterisk/ && npm stop

Took over 60 seconds to start that is bad, your system is stalling. Did you try running that manually?

No, it’s just the upgrade scripts running - and I am seeing it on many machines - but these are all machines that have been upgraded (via scripts) from 6.x (and the machine I am currently on was actually upgraded from 5,x!).

Permissions problem?

Who knows. Try running the command yourself.

I’m also seeing this same problem in several ESXi virtual machines running FreePBX distro. What I have done to solve, is to increase virtual machine memory and uninstall modules that weren’t present before the upgrade) and running the upgrade again. Hope that helps.

I’m getting a timeout on one of my 2 severs. This happens when I apply changes… after updates, adding extensions… dones’t matter. If I apply changes this happens.

On occasion I can get past it by running restarting restapps from fwconsole over and over as it processes. But it’s hit or miss on it that will work with each attempt.

The process “cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/restapps && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node/logs && export HOME=”/home/asterisk" && echo “prefix = ~/.node” > ~/.npmrc && export FOREVER_ROOT=“/var/lib/asterisk/restapps” && export ASTLOGDIR=“/var/log/asterisk” && export PATH=“$HOME/.node/bin:$PATH” && export NODE_PATH=“$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH” && export MANPATH=“$HOME/.node/share/man:$MANPATH” && npm start" exceeded the timeout of 15 seconds.

I have this same issue on 2 boxes one that been upgraded and one that a fresh install. This started on the fresh install when I turned on call recording? Would that make a difference at all?

The process “cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/restapps && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node/logs && export HOME=”/home/asterisk" && echo “prefix = ~/.node” > ~/.npmrc && export FOREVER_ROOT="/var/lib/asterisk/restapps" && export ASTLOGDIR="/var/log/asterisk" && export PATH="$HOME/.node/bin:$PATH" && export NODE_PATH="$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH" && export MANPATH="$HOME/.node/share/man:$MANPATH" && npm stop" exceeded the timeout of 15 seconds.

have you tried running the command manually?

If I run the command manually

[email protected] stop /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node
> node_modules/forever/bin/forever stopall

info:    No forever processes running

The command is:

cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/restapps && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node/logs && export HOME="/home/asterisk" && echo "prefix = ~/.node" > ~/.npmrc && export FOREVER_ROOT="/var/lib/asterisk/restapps" && export ASTLOGDIR="/var/log/asterisk" && export PATH="$HOME/.node/bin:$PATH" && export NODE_PATH="$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH" && export MANPATH="$HOME/.node/share/man:$MANPATH" && npm stop

If you ran that and it says no processes running then there is no problem.

After running that command rest apps will no longer start giving

Failed to run: ‘runuser -l asterisk -c ‘cd /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node && mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/restapps && mkdir -p /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/node/logs && export HOME="/home/asterisk" && echo “prefix = ~/.node” > ~/.npmrc && export FOREVER_ROOT="/var/lib/asterisk/restapps" && export ASTLOGDIR="/var/log/asterisk" && export PATH="$HOME/.node/bin:$PATH" && export NODE_PATH="$HOME/.node/lib/node_modules:$NODE_PATH" && export MANPATH="$HOME/.node/share/man:$MANPATH" && npm start’’

Resolved my issue by upping the procs on this VM. Jumped to 2 to 4. Working like a champ again. I guess we are getting enough users on the machine to need a little more power. Never had issues with the phones but it was killing nonessential tasks such as this to keep asterisk up.