Best method for migrating from 6 to SNG7 on new hardware

I have a server that is running 10.13.66-22, but the hardware is getting old and it’s due for a replacement. I just spooled up a new server with SNG7 on all new hardware, so I would like some advice on the best method for performing a full migration.

I am faced with a few restrictions, though. First, the FreePBX configuration is a bit complicated, so if I can avoid any manual re-entering, I would like to do so. Second, the old system is still live, so upgrading it from 6 to SNG7 is not really feasible since we can’t suffer much downtime on it, though I will if I have no other options. Third, I do have commercial modules installed, so moving the registration is a must.

Since a simple backup-and-restore process is unlikely to succeed, any pointers?

We have a tool EXPLICITLY for your situation, you’ll be happy to hear.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

Wonderful! I’ll give that a go. Thanks!

The only slightly complex thing is after you have done the migration you will need to move the registration, which will require you to release the activation from the first machine, and then re-activate the new machine with the old deployment. You can release the activation via the GUI on the old machine, and then on the new machine you can just run the following command to re-activate it with the existing one.

/var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/bin/activate_existing your_deployment_id

(This discards the original, temporary activation ID)