Beginner trying to make his first SIP calls

Hi everybody,
I’m trying to configure my first FreePBX, I had no idea about sintax and commands and I need a bit of help to get started. I’m getting familiar to the different concepts and files, but I am not being able to make the simplest tasks…

I have an internal SIP device called Onna wich I’m able to connect to using a SIP caller using this command onna"at sign"192.168.1.30

I have also created this devices in sip_registrations_custom
[doorbird]
context=widgets
type=friend
host=192.168.1.26
allow=ulaw
allow=h264

[onna1]
context=widgets
type=friend
host=192.168.1.30
allow=ulaw
allow=h264

I also have created this dial plans in sip_extensions_custom
[widgets]
exten => 1111,1,Answer()
exten => 1111,2,Playback(hello-world)
exten => 1111,3,Hangup()
exten => 8888,1,Dial(SIP/Onna1)

It doesn’t matter if I try 1111"at sign"192.168.1.23 or 8888"at sign"192.168.1.23, I always receive the same answer, an audio saying that the number I dialed is out of service, check the number and try again.

I asume its asterisk who is answering, but what am I missing to make it work?

My final goal is sending a call to asterisk and resending the call to two different internal phones, but I’m not being able to do the simplest thing.

Any help?

Thank you

You are best off spending a couple of hours in the wiki linked to above

https://wiki.freepbx.org/

it’s all in there.

As a beginner, you should start with the GUI entirely 100%. If you’re goal is to learn how to use Asterisk without a GUI, then FreePBX will just get in the way. Forget about chan_sip, it’s deprecated and you’re wasting your time learning about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.