Backup config and restore on new server

hi all,

i have installed freepbx with extensions, trunk to my sip provider, xmpp and i just would like to know how to back it up and restore it on a brand new server, so all my extensions and trunk to sip provider,xmpp work out the box when i restore it on the new server

many thanks,

rob

Backup and Restore module exists for this purpose. Make sure to restore on the same version as the backup was made:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Using+the+Backup+module

thanks for that link, really useful

i have created a new backup and used the full backup template

does this backup -

trunks
extensions
ring groups
module admin
xmpp
user management

thanks,

rob

Full Backup should include all what pointed out.

However, as Lorne said make sure to restore on the same version as backup was made. (PBX and Modules)

Good luck.

Module versions change on an almost daily basis. Is there really any value at all to the backup/restore module if you have to figure out all the module versions and build a matching set before you can restore after a failure?

It does not have to match all the minor versions. It just has to match for major versions such as 13 to 13 or 14 to 14. Starting with FreePBX you now have the ability to restore old backups from 12 or newer onto 15.

Or, you can use the conversion tool to restore between versions.

I have some general confusion here and I’m hoping that someone can help me. I’m trying to backup PBX-A and restore to PBX-B. What versions need to match?? Is it firmware version, is it framework version, is it asterisk versoin?? If I cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version, I get 4.211.64-7. If I fwconsole ma list | grep framework, I get 14.0.197 - these are PBX-A. PBX-B is 12.7.6-1904-1.sng7 and 14.0.11, respectively. I do realize that both are different, regardless, which is why I’m unable to restore, however I’m unable to update the framework of PBX-A to 14. I’m assuming this is because the firmware is so low on PBX-A?

Part of your issue here is the fact that PBX A is FreePBX v11 and PBX B is FreePBX v14 which you cannot restore between. Your best option is to use the conversion tool to move v11 to v14.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Firstly, thank you for the reply. Is it the firmware that determines the version? So firmware 4.211.x.x is version 11 and 12.7.x.x is version 14?

In a sense but your pbx-version shows you’re on a very old version of FreePBX.

grep -i version /var/www/html/admin/modules/core/module.xml

Should be indicative

THANK YOU. Great way to get the version.

Thanks again Tom, I’ll give the conversion tool a shot. I just don’t want to recreate all of the routes, extensions, etc…huge waste of time if I can just restore from backup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.