Automatic conference room

I need help on a project where Elastrix 2.0.0.and freepbx 2.7.0 is being used. I need to create a conference room and call group in which when members in the call groups are called and they answer, they are automatically placed in the confrence room. I appreciate any help or directions you may provide.

Schmoozecom has a commercial module called “Emergency Hotline” that does pretty much what you ask. From the description of the hotline:

“This module is used to setup emergency hotlines. When a caller calls into an emergency hotline, they are automatically connected to virtual conference that various extensions are automatically dropped into. This module creates “Emergency Hotline” Destinations. In most cases, the emergency hotline will be a destination on an inbound route. Once connected with the emergency hotline, the system automatically drops configured extensions in a dynamic conference. Upon entering the conference, each extension hears a specified announcement to alert them that they have been placed into an emergency hotline. Users can communicate during the emergency by pausing and un-pausing using *1. The caller into the emergency hotline starts in an un-muted state. If the “Initially-muted” checkbox is checked (default behavior), the extensions in the emergency conference are muted by default. Upon the caller leaving the conference, the conference is destroyed and all channels are hung up.”

Don’t know if this would be applicable to you, or if Schmoozecom would sell it to you, you might give them a call.

Thanks for the info but we are trying to create a hotline that users don’t call into this is already available in Elastrix, We want to call them and connected them automatically into the conference room when they answer. We also want to use the existing hardware if possible and not outsource the feature.

Thanks for the info but we are trying to create a hotline that users don’t call into this is already available in Elastrix, We want to call them and connected them automatically into the conference room when they answer. We also want to use the existing hardware if possible and not outsource the feature.

Are the members of the call group external numbers, or internal extensions on the system? I.e. do you want “call group 99” would have 5 members in it, and when you dial something like *99 it would automatically call each of those 5 people and when/if they answer cause them to join your conference? Or?

It’s possible to do but not with out of the box FreePBX that I’m aware of. You’d need to setup some custom dialplan options, or build a custom module if you wanted it integrated into the GUI. If you want to tackle it and have some coding/Asterisk knowledge I can give you some pointers; if you want something pre-built send me a PM and we can discuss.