Auto transfer after x minutes

Hey. I was wondering if there was a simple way of making an answered call to an extension auto-transfer to another extension after x number of seconds.
Thanks

sounds like an HR problem here, but the easiest way would be to insist the lazy bustard carry a cell phone and find-me-follow him/her when she/he wanders off without pressing the right button

A more complicated way is to write a custom context that adds a timeout to the call and retransfer it.

Thanks for the response!

Haha - thankfully this isn’t a staff issue. I just have a bit of a unique project I am working on.

I need external clients to be able to dial in, go through an IVR and queue and then be connected to one of a handful of endpoints. The tricky part is that the call needs a time limit, and after 4 minutes they should be transferred back to the menu where they have further options.

Would you be willing to share some more info on how I could create a custom context with a retransfer?

before you dial set a timeout, briefly something like

exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=240)
exten => s,n, Dial(. . . .)
exten => T,1,Goto(somecontext,n)

in your context, when that timeout occurs after 240 seconds the call will jump to the t extension,

1 Like

So I guess this needs to go into the extensions_custom.conf file? Sorry for the noob question. I can’t find any info about how to do this stuff. I don’t even know what to search for to find this stuff out. Which parts of the code you provided do I need to change for my purposes?

Really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.