Attended transfer + auto answer

We used to be able to do an attended-transfer to an extension, and have the target extension auto-answer (intercom style). All internal extensions are configured for auto-answer on internal calls.

This worked for years and I’m not sure when it broke. Now when using attended transfer, the dialed extension rings.

Everything has been working smoothly for years, any suggestions on where to look for the settings for this?

FreePBX 2.11.0.30, mostly Grandstream phones, all models.
The phones DO auto answer for internal calls, just not attended transfers.

Thanks in advance.

I was able to get it to work again by setting all the extensions to Ring, then change them all back to Intercom Answer again.

Seems like a small bug.

I spoke too soon. It does not work.
It turns out there is a bug in the Freepbx dialplan. If the original call is an inside call, then attended transfer does an intercom call as it should.

If the original call is an outside call, then attended transfer does a ringing call to the transfer extension. This is resulting in a lot of complaints here.

The mistake occurs at macro-exten-vm:7

exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${AMPUSER}"=""|${LEN(${FROM_DID})}|"${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTTOCALL}/answermode)}"!=“intercom”|${LEN(${BLINDTRANSFER})}|"${EXTENSION_STATE(${EXTTOCALL})}"!=“NOT_INUSE”|"${CC_RECALL}"!=""]?macrodial)

Here is a call dump of an outside call http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wsH8Nvkm

Here is a call dump of the exact same type of transfer, only difference is the original caller was an inside extension: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=xF6syVB9

The first call results in a ring, the second call results in an intercom call. They BOTH should be an intercom call.

Asterisk 1.8.26.1
FreePBX 2.11.0.32

Could someone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

I see the whole problem in the dialplan.
When an outside call comes in, the variable from_did is set.
When I try to attended-transfer, it passes from_did in the transfer, and macro-exten-vm does a ring-call.

This is clearly being set in the FreePBX dialplan.

Is this an oversight? Is this how you intended it to work?
Is anyone listening? Does anyone do transfers?

I guess I can manually force-change the dialplan, but I’m confused by the complete silence on this issue.