I am looking for a console recommendation to use with our freepbx asterisk 2.7
The environment is a bussiness call answering service where live person answers the call then transfers to a extension, VM box or to a cell phone.
- Needs to handle multiple receptionist 4 - 10
- Drag and Drop with mouse
- Handle up to 500 extensions
- 100 - 300 inbound DID
- Screen Pop on inbound calls (every DID has a dif co. name assined to it, receptionist has to answer thank you for calling unique company name) Has a list of the extensions, VM boxes and Cell Phones associated with DID.
- XP & Win7
Budget = $0.00 - $900.00
Any help would be apperciated! Virtual brewskie on me in advance.
After installing and deploying iSymphony we found its limitations quickly and the receptionist were not pleased. After a couple of days of screaming we deplyed EVO Technologies console and it is an actual receptionist console.
Draw backs to iSymphony:
- you have to create a name box for each extension, each cell phone, each direct to voice mail as so on. Screen gets cluttered right away.
- it does not auto pop all the extensions, cell phones and other numbers that are associated with the DID. The receptionist has to sort through and select.
- no notes or comments feature
The Positive notes about iSymphony:
- runs on Java, does not freeze and is quick
- easy to deploy
- anyone can figure out the operation
Draw backs to EVO:
- web based now which is slow and not as solid as the local version they had
- does not sync, you have to manually add clients, extensions etc. to console
- you need softphone headset or snom phone to operate with freepbx at the console.
The Positive notes about EVO:
- does anything you could ever want, really, it can do anything you could ever imagine a console program doing, there is a reason that Regus Offices use it worldwide.
- Auto screen pop that show anything associated with the DID
- Looks 1000 times better than iSymphony
Good luck to anyone looking to do a receptionist with different companies behind her, just contact EVO Technologies and save the heartache. Really takes a full day to deploy, they say 5 minutes but it is a 8 hour ordeal if you are going live.
User screen looks good plus it is cheaper than I thought.
The nice thing is they have a free trial, and a FreePBX module that makes configuration a snap.
Create a manager account and then run the setup script and you will testing in no time.
Price gets way out of hand though.
I wish they had a video demo or more screen shots, hate it when companies do not give enough information so you have to download and go through all of that. YTBD if I am going to give it a shot. I will continue to google around today and see what else is out there. Thanks for the point in the right direction.
You might try iSymphony with a soft phone on the computer.