Astribank phone calls incoming/outgoing

I am extremely new to Asterisk, I have gotten everything installed and talking, and have working SIP extensions. My only problem is the making of phone calls into and out of the Astribank we have. As far as I can tell DAHDI can see it and it is configured correctly, it also sees all of the channels in asterisk as well. FreePBX also has a trunk for it. My problem is that I don’t know what I don’t know. I need to make an analog phone (connected to the Astribank) ring from one of my SIP extensions, and make a call into a SIP from the Astribank. Even a nudge in the correct direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi,

1. In order to use the analog telephones you have to create extensions of the “Generic Zap device”. In the ‘channel’ field you have to define the corresponding DAHDI channel number.

2. If you have FXO or/and T1 channels then you have to define the channels in the /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf file. For example:

for FXO channels:

signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-zaptel
channel => 1-8

for T1 PRI channels:
group=0
context=from-zaptel
switchtype = national
signalling = pri_cpe
channel => 1-23

After that you need to create Trunk(s) in FreePBX and then outbound rule(s).
Creating of inbound rules for T1 PRI is trivial in FreePBX but for the FXO channels it is a little tricky: you have to create a DID number for each FXO channel in “Zap channels DIDs” and then create inbound routes for those DIDs.

What version of FreePBX do you use?
What is the output of lsdahdi?

Best regards,
Leonid Fainshtein
Xorcom Ltd