Asternic Call Center Stats

Anyone on this forum have positive experience using Asternic Call Center Stats with newer versions of FreePBX (14/15)? I am looking for something of this reporting detail for queues, with limited effort/maintenance to keep alive and working, as the majority of our cycles are dedicated to other initiatives. Going for the paid, work out of box approach.

We’ve touched a number of cases in support where Asternic’s MySQL triggers were breaking CDR writes from Asterisk. I had thought they got that fixed, but we got another case last week.

1 Like

Had a less than ideal experience with FOP2 that had me nervous about pulling the trigger here. I know it can work, but we are not in a place to be able to invest heavy cycles to make it work. I will hold off for now.

@lgaetz any thoughts on QueueStats

http://queuestats.eu/

None. I don’t recall ever running into it in support.

I have installed and am using both asternic and fop2 in their free version for a month and so far no issues or problems. I couldn’t be more satisfied. We are giving it another month before going for the paid version of both.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.