Asterisknow - FreePBX extensions configuration issue

Hi There,

Hope someone can help me. I have installed the latest version of asterisknow, which uses FreePBX 2.7.0.0 as the Web GUI. I can access the web interface finely however, after creating a couple of extensions via the GUI, i can’t get them to register when using the X-lite soft phone. I get a timeout error message, message number is 408. I have made sure a number of times that the extension number, password and sip server address matches with my asterisk box.

Something unusual i found is that when connecting to the asterisk CLI console, with the asterisk -r command, none of the sip cli commands work, i get the following messages when entering sip commands,

===============================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1.6.2.11 currently running on localhost (pid = 2573)
Verbosity is at least 4
localhostCLI> sip debug
No such command ‘sip debug’ (type ‘core show help sip debug’ for other possible commands)
localhost
CLI> sip show users
No such command ‘sip show users’ (type ‘core show help sip show’ for other possible commands)
localhost*CLI> sip show registry
No such command ‘sip show registry’ (type ‘core show help sip show’ for other possible commands)

Have i missed anything? Is sip really running in my server?

How can i check?

Many thanks in advance,

egua5261

If you don’t have any SIP commands the chan_sip module failed to load.

Check the /etc/asterisk/full log to see what the error is.

These are the only two lines in the log files (/var/log/asterisk/full) that indicate that sip.conf was unable to load.

[Aug 16 10:33:00] VERBOSE[2649] chan_sip.c: SIP channel loading…
[Aug 16 10:33:00] NOTICE[2649] chan_sip.c: Unable to load config sip.conf

Any ideas why this was the case?

Without seeing sip.conf I would not be able to comment.

It could also be one of the #included files in sip.conf

Step through them one at a time and look for anything odd.

You should never have to do this, this is an unusual situation.