Asterisknow 1.7.0

I have just begun configuring E1 cards with the Dahdi module and this message has begun appearing whenever I reload:

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.

I have removehed all changes I made in the Dahdi module but the error persists every time I reload, ideas please?

the problem is that the DAHDi module copied that file when it should not have done that.

the file is automatically symlinked by retrieve_conf and so it detects the collision.

That has been fixed in the 2.8 version of the DAHDi module that is in the contributed_modules directory, you would have to manually pull it though as it is not yet included in the extended online repository.

You may want to report the bug to Digium in their tracker but you can get around the issue by simply deleting that file as it will then automatically do the symlink next time you apply configuration changes.


Many thanks, I deleted the file as you suggested and the symlink completed OK.

I have now upgraded to FreePBX 2.8 and uploaded version of the Dahdi module. Everything is looking fine and the problem has gone away.

First impressions 2.8 is looking great, will begin testing in earnest tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.