Asterisk-version-switch now Asterisk will not start

Hi Im new to FreePbx we just gut a Snagoma 50 and i was trying to get it all up to date.
i did the upgrade from freepbx 12 to 13 in the GUI all seemed to go fine.
then i did the asterisk-version-switch to 13 and that is when asterisk no longer is found. in the console i got this error:

asterisk18 has now been verified to be installed

Checking to see if you have g729 installed
G729 is not installed so moving on
Checking to see if you have res_fax_digium installed
res_fax_digium is not installed so moving on
Restarting Asterisk for Changes to take effect with the new version

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_dahdiconfig: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_endpoint: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_pagingpro: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_restapps: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_ucp: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_ucpnode: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_vqplus: No such file or directory
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 236: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine_hook_xmpp: No such file or directory
!!!amportal is depreciated. Please use fwconsole!!!
forwarding all commands to 'fwconsole’
Running FreePBX shutdown…

Checking Asterisk Status…
Asterisk seems NOT to be running
Not running Pre-Asterisk Shutdown Hooks.
Running FreePBX startup…
Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissions…

[Whoops\Exception\ErrorException]
filetype(): Lstat failed for /var/spool/asterisk/backup/PreUpgrade/20160111
-160647-1452546407-745617963.tgz

restart [-i|–immediate] [args1] … [argsN]

Stopping fail2ban: [ OK ]
Ensuring logfiles are presentStarting fail2ban: [ OK ]
Regenerate FreePBX Dialplan for new Asterisk Version
Exception: Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting in file /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 13
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:13
    Error(s) have occured, the following is the retrieve_conf output:
    exit: 1
    Exception: Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting in file /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 13
    Stack trace:
  2. Exception->() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:13

any help would be great

Ok so i was not sure why i was getting this [Whoops\Exception\ErrorException]
filetype(): Lstat failed for /var/spool/asterisk/backup/PreUpgrade/20160111-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tgz

Looks like the backup file 20160111-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tgz was to big and caused the exeption. i backed it up and deleted the file an all is good.