Asterisk Inbound Route Authentication

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, would it be possible to implement a username & passwords for users from the inbound route.

Let say if i have an asterisk system that is connected to the PSTN line. I would like to allow my users to call in via the PSTN line and authenticate itself via its own username and password. Once Authenticated users are treated as a local extension.

I’ve used the method of DISA in Freepbx but this feature only allows one password on the inbound route. Would I be able to use different usernames and passwords for this setup?

Thanks.

Regards,
avnho

How many users are you talking about?

A “sneaky” way to do this within the current FreePBX structure is to use the IVR function.

Create an IVR that has an announcement that says something like “enter your pin number”. Enter multiple IVR selections using the PIN numbers you want to use. Point each of the IVR selections to the same DISA, and point your inbound route to the IVR.

Now when a caller calls the IVR, they will get “please enter your pin number” they will enter the PIN, which is in reality an IVR selection. That will point them to the DISA.

Bill

Hi,

Oh… That seems a workable solution. Actually the setup is meant for the auto dialers. (http://www.artech.com.tw/showdetail.php?id=119&lang=EN)

These equipments are connected through the PSTN. It works like this; When a caller dials a number the call will pass through this device and if the number matches a pattern, the device will route the call through to this gateway(Our Asterisk System). This device talks to the gateway in a 3 way hand shake protocol and the device connects in the following manner,

a) Auto Dialer: Dials the Access No. and waits for a DTMF or second dialtone from the gateway .
b) Gateway: Once connected it will return a DTMF or second dialtone to the Auto Dialer asking for the ID No.(its a DISA No. I guess)
c) Auto Dialer: Once it receives the tone it will dial out the ID No. to the gateway and waits again for a DTMF or second dialtone from the gateway.
d) Gateway: Once the ID No. has been received, it will again return a DTMF or second dialtone to the Auto Dialer asking for a password.
e) Auto Dialer: Once a tone is detected a password will be pass to the gateway and waits again for a DTMF or second dialtone from the gateway.
f) Gateway: Once the password received and authenticated, DISA authentication will be completed and it will return a dialtone to the Auto Dialer.
g) Auto Dialer: It will then pass the Destination number to the Gateway to route the call.
h) Gateway: The gateway will route the call.
i) Completed.

Will the Multilevel IVR DISA work in this condition?

Thanks.

Regards,
avnho

I don’t see where a multilevel IVR would not work. The best thing I can tell you is to try it. I think you might want your IVR announcement to be a recording of dialtone.

Bill