Asterisk hanging with channel.c: Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to Local using PRI

Hello!

I have had a customer system in place for about 1 1/2 years and seemingly all of a sudden it has hung three times in two days. Calls can’t be received or placed and even local phones don’t connect. “Core show channels” shows active calls even with the PRI disconnected.

When this condition happens I am seeing messages in the Asterisk log file like:

[2020-04-16 14:10:06] WARNING[22605][C-00000070] channel.c: Exceptionally long voice queue length queuing to Local/##########@from-internal-00000671;1

I have to restart Asterisk to get everything working again.

Here is the setup:

• SNG7-PBX-64bit-1805-1, Release Date: May 2018, FreePBX 14 • Linux 7.5 • Asterisk 13.
  • Asterisk 13.22.0 built by mockbuild @ jenkins7 on a x86_64 running Linux on 2018-07-25 22:30:39 UTC
  • FreePBX Distro: 12.7.5-1807-1.sng7
  • Sangoma PRI card A101DE w/ Comcast PRI

The system hasn’t been updated since the install except a few weeks ago I updated the FreePBX Framework and the Core modules because follow-me confirm calls wasn’t working. I don’t understand how this could cause any stability issues with the underlying Asterisk.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the least intrusive way to resolve this issue? If I don’t hear from anyone I am planning on doing a yum update to update the OS & Asterisk, in addition to updating the FreePBX modules. If anyone has a less intrusive suggestion, I would love to hear it.

Thanks! Dave

That sounds like an Asterisk issue (potentially a deadlock of some sort). What version of Asterisk is this, and when was the last time it was updated? If it’s against the most recent version of Asterisk, I would open a ticket on the open source Asterisk issue tracker to get things moving forward (unless @jcolp disagrees with my assessment). Otherwise, try upgrading to the latest Asterisk version and see if it still shows up.

Matthew Fredrickson

Thanks, Matt! It is Asterisk 13.22.0. It hasn’t been updated since it was installed about 18 months ago, so if it sounds like an Asterisk issue, I guess I’ll proceed with a yum update during a maintenance window.

If anyone else has anything to add, I’m glad for the feedback!

After doing a yum update, and upgrading all FreePBX modules by command-line, the system seems be stable now. The Asterisk was upgraded from 13.22.0 to 13.32.0.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.