Asterisk Dial Options: beep every 60 second

Hi to all I have added in settings --> advanced settings --> Asterisk Dial Options the following limit

L(180000:60000:60000)

so it will end the internal calls after 3 minutes and it will alert the caller every 60 seconds.
The call is ended after 3 minutes,so it works, but no sound, beep, message or aler is playing every 60 seconds.
What I am missing?

ok sorry for this,
I added it in Asterisk Outbound Trunk Dial Options and is working, but is there a way to simple listen a beep instead of the human message?
many thanks

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+16+Application_Dial

L ( x:y:z ) - Limit the call to x milliseconds. Play a warning when y milliseconds are left. Repeat the warning every z milliseconds until time expires.
This option is affected by the following variables:

• LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLER - If set, this variable causes Asterisk to play the prompts to the caller.
    • YES default: (true)
    • NO
  • LIMIT_PLAYAUDIO_CALLEE - If set, this variable causes Asterisk to play the prompts to the callee.
    • YES
    • NO default: (true)
  • LIMIT_TIMEOUT_FILE - If specified, filename specifies the sound prompt to play when the timeout is reached. If not set, the time remaining will be announced.
    • FILENAME
  • LIMIT_CONNECT_FILE - If specified, filename specifies the sound prompt to play when the call begins. If not set, the time remaining will be announced.
    • FILENAME
  • LIMIT_WARNING_FILE - If specified, filename specifies the sound prompt to play as a warning when time x is reached. If not set, the time remaining will be announced.
    • FILENAME
  • x - Maximum call time, in milliseconds
  • y - Warning time, in milliseconds
  • z - Repeat time, in milliseconds
1 Like

yes I know about the documentation but I don’t know how to apply these variables… and another thing is that I want the alert in inbound and outbound calls but I just noticed that is present only in outbound…

You need to set them. So you need to use the _custom files to set them to be used. You can set them in the globals_custom.conf so they apply to all calls or you can set them per call as needed.

You could do this on inbound calls as long as it’s to the devices. You can modify each extensions dial options or set the global extension/user dial options in Advanced Settings. These have to be done in the Dial() command which will happen when calling an extension or a trunk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.