Asterisk could not start

So I have a user that is stating when they try to place a phone call it says “All circuits are busy”. Upon logging into our phone system I can see that Asterisk is RED and says ERROR.

Under disks it says 95% full

I tired to run amportal restart but it comes back with the following

STOPPING ASTERISK
All calls will be dropped once the timer hits 0. To cancel, press CTL-C

STOPPING FOP SERVER
SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
Permissions OK

STARTING ASTERISK
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process killed

Asterisk could not start!
Use ‘tail /var/log/asterisk/full’ to find out why.

I’m thinking it’s just backed up with logs. How would I go about deleting these logs? I’ve tried searching for a command online or even a directory these logs are stored in and I’ve had no luck. I’m new to PBX.

I think it’s asking you to look at the logs to find a reason. The name of the log file is called ‘full’. tail is the name of the application and /var/log/asterisk/full is the location of the log files. tail shows you the last entries in the log file. To run this command, you’ll need to ssh into the machine to access the CLI and then type the command tail /var/log/asterisk/full to see the end of the log file. To follow the log as new log entries come in, you can execute tail -f /var/log/asterisk/full.

Hope this helps!

a simpler hands-on experience is starting a broken asterisk in non daemon mode

asterisk -vvvvvc

the last line or two before the crash is usually indicative of the problem

So I typed that command but nothing happened. See screenshotasterisk

Well… there maybe no logs to delete, LOL.

You can find out how much disk space is free with the following command:
df -h

you won’t have that problem with my suggestion, /dev/stderr and /dev/stdout will both go to the screen you are looking at.

Found the culprit. It was a bunch of old backup files so I deleted a bunch of them. Freed up disk space and now Asterisk is running again!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.