Asterisk.conf: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Hello, I’ve just installed the latest FreePBX distro (SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1707-1), and when trying to access the web interface for the first time, I receive this error:

file(/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied

The stack frames are:
4 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Freepbx_conf.class.php:418
3 file
/var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Freepbx_conf.class.php:418
2 FreePBX\Freepbx_conf
parse_amportal_conf
/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:178
1 require_once
/etc/freepbx.conf:9
0 include_once
/var/www/html/admin/config.php:100

Things that I’ve tried/verified:
/etc/amportal.conf is owned by asterisk mode 0660
/etc/freepbx.conf is owned by asterisk mode 0660
/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf is owned by asterisk mode 0755
httpd is running as asterisk:asterisk
fwconsole chown ran sucessfully, but did not resolve the problem
fwconsole moduleadmin upgradeall ran sucessfully, but did not resolve the problem
I can log into the asterisk database with the credentials supplied in /etc/freepbx.conf

Perhaps the only “non-standard” aspect of my installation is that I’ve installed it as a VM using the Bhyve hypervisor. As such, I used the console based installer wizard rather than the GUI wizard. In that wizard, I selected “Base FreePBX Install” for the type of software selection. (vs minimal, compute node, infrastructure server, etc.) In the console based install wizard, there is no “Add-Ons for Selected Environment” like there is for the GUI wizard. Nonetheless, it appears that everything I need was installed properly.

Version information:
[root@freepbx etc]# cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version
12.7.3-1707-3.sng7

Thanks for any suggestions

It turns out that SELinux was enabled on the newly installed distro. Disabling it fixed the permissions issue.