Asterisk 18 now in version switch

When did that show up?

BTW, updated screen looks better. :+1:

To answer my own question…

asterisk-version-switch was updated when I ran updates back on December 20th.

Totally missed that.

All switched and running smooth.

1 Like

Right now, production systems should probably be running 16, but I’ve been running 18 on my test systems for a while without any issues.

I will always disagree with that. Only running LTS is wrong.

So is running a version that no longer is actively supported and is in Security Fix Only status. Right now 16 and 18 (both LTS) are the only active and supported releases of Asterisk.

I mean traditionally there’s always one year where no Standard releases are supported or active. The only time I can recall in recent history that wasn’t the case was 15 being released as Standard instead of LTS.

The type of admin that does the set-it-and-forget-it approach, will benefit from using LTS. That’s the reason I have for recommending it over the current non-LTS version.

Should be fired. It is 2021. Everything is attacked and hacked on a regular basis.

I don’t even have half the tin foil hat that @dicko does and even I would never even consider that type of approach to anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.