Asterisk 13 - All Phones show disconnected even though registered

FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-13 Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 2.12.

Twice this week we have come in for work and all our phones are showing disconnected/not registered on the face of the phone, but “sip show peers” shows Asterisk thinking they are happy and registered. Using Chan_SIP. And they are not banned in Fail-2-BAN or any other firewall - restart Asterisk and all the phones start showing registered on the face immediately.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone else seen this? The fix is simple but annoying - “amportal stop” and then “amportal start”.

2. What is involved in switching over to Chan_PJSIP? I know this is the future - is there currently a reason to stay on Chan_SIP?

Ok, it did it again yesterday - looking at the CLI, all phones still show reachable and from the Asterisk box, they are pingable.

Did it again this morning - Switched to Asterisk 12 just now - we shall see.

@GSnover I know this is a very old post, but running into similar issue on chan_SIP, all phones stop working, but in asterisk, sip show peers shows they’re all still registered. I also cannot register new SIP extensions. Did you have to keep your server on asterisk 12?

When Greg posted his question, PJ-SIP was “the thing of the future”. It’s the future.

I don’t remember if we ever got to the bottom of this particular problem, but the phones and channel-drivers have both improved greatly in four years. Perhaps you might want to start a new thread and tell us what is actually happening at your location and we can help you troubleshoot your problem?

1 Like