Asterisk 11.9.0 - Multiple Host Addresses in One Trunk

Hello,

I might be going crazy, but I could swear I used to be able to have trunks configured in Asterisk 1.8.x where

host=1.2.3.4&5.6.7.8

would work. In Asterisk 11.9.0, at least on my system, this doesn’t work. Asterisk mentions in the log files that it is rejecting unknown sip peer 1.2.3.4 (or 5.6.7.8) when I have the system configured like above. When I remove the second IP, the call will come in. Problem is, we need to be able to have the second IP in this trunk as our carrier uses multiple IP’s to pass calls through for failover reasons. We really don’t want to have another trunk set up unless we have to.

Wasn’t this possible previously, or am I losing my mind?

Best,

Jon

I obviously changed the IP to reflect the example above and to CMA.

[2014-05-15 15:48:34] VERBOSE[18885][C-00000102] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-sip-external:6] Log(“SIP/1.2.3.4-00000162”, "WARNING,“Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 1.2.3.4"”) in new stack
[2014-05-15 15:48:34] WARNING[18885][C-00000102] Ext. s: “Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 1.2.3.4”

This was never possible previously.

Rather than clutter the GUI with lots of trunks, I added to sip_custom.conf a section like this for each additional IP from which the provider sends calls:

[AnveoDirectIn2]
disallow=all
host=67.212.84.21
type=friend
insecure=port,invite
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=yes
qualify=no
allow=ulaw

1 Like

I guess I had mis-remembered having been able to do this previously. I thought I had read somewhere on voip-info that it was possible.

We already have a bunch of trunks as back routes as it is, so adding another trunk with that IP isn’t a problem. The main problem is when we were using an on-premise Asterisk system with an Edgemarc voip router appliance and had found we needed both IPs mentioned. But since adding an additional trunk with the other IP we’ve not had an issue.

Thanks!

It’s possible in Asterisk but we are talking about FreePBX in which it is not possible.

I see. I’ll then not assume that everything mentioned in the Asterisk conf files as possible is also possible in FreePBX - which I already knew should be the case (like in a multi-tenant or multi-context scenario).