Arimanager v13.0.4 - Missing Requirements for updating from 13.0.3

Could not create a report on the bug tracker, I do not know why (see attached screenshoot). I then post the report here. Please direct me to the right place, if I am wrong to do so.

Regards.

=== report begins here ===

Running FreePBX on a Sangoma Phone System 60 appliance,
Unboxing the appliance, then updating FreePBX modules.
Using Stable and Commercial repositories only.
All modules got updated to their most recent version, except arimanager (see attached screenshot).
arimanager v13.0.4 reports a missing requirement : “Requires engine asterisk (>= 12), you have: asterisk 11.21.1”.

Asterisk actually reports to be 11.21.1

core show version
Asterisk 11.21.1 built by root @ jenkins-builder1.schmoozecom.net on a x86_64 running Linux on 2016-02-04 02:11:43 UTC

The issue is : arimanager v13.0.4 should not be made available in Stable repository as FreePBX distro 10.13.66 seems not supporting it.

Not quite. The distro does support arimanager, but requires Asterisk 13 to do so. Since you are running Asterisk 11, it will not install. Just ignore it, if the time ever comes that you upgrade to Asterisk 13, it will do what it’s supposed to do. This is not a bug.

Thank you for the guidance.

Well, I may face an additional unexpected issue with arimanager module. Version 13.0.4 cannot be installed because it requires Asterisk 13 (the appliance is running 11.24.1 at the moment). Installed version 13.0.3 got disabled after I upgraded the appliance from FreePBX distro 10.13.66-8 (pre-installed) to 10.13.66-17.

At the moment, the GUI does not give me any means to enable the module back in version 13.0.3 (see screenshot). Does something went wrong with the upgrades ? Is arimanager 13.0.3 not supported anymore by FreePBX 10.13.66-17 ? Have I another way to get it back working than switching to Asterisk 13 ?

You can’t use arimanager with asterisk 11. It wouldn’t do anything.

Uninstall it manually:

fwconsole ma remove arimanager

Well, it does not sound that much easy, as fwconsole complains about the lack of un-installation scripts :

# fwconsole ma remove arimanager
The following error(s) occured:
 - Failed to run un-installation scripts

The appliance is old by no more than a few days, there is nearly nothing configured on it yet. Rather than spending time to fix that issue and some others, would it be safe to grab the last version of FreePBX distro and to re-do a clean install from an USB DVD reader or flash memory stick ?

You are not getting what you are being told. There is no issue to fix, you don’t need ARI Manager, it won’t do anything for you because you are running a version of Asterisk that does not have ARI. Your system will continue to function just fine without it. If the day ever comes that you change to Asterisk version 13+, you can worry about it then.

*edit - perhaps you want to switch to Asterisk 13 now, in which case you can use the instructions on this page:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Changing+Major+Asterisk+Versions+on+the+Fly

1 Like

Running asterisk 11 here and I’m getting a big red dashboard alert about the Ari module being disabled. I removed it via the module admin but the alert remains. I found this thread and used:

[root@pbx ~]# fwconsole ma remove arimanager

and got

The following error(s) occured:

• Failed to run un-installation scripts

How can I remove this big red alert? Also you guys should think about not having this install on 11-based systems or suppress the alert on 11-based systems. Newest version of Asterisk11/Freepbx/Freepbx-distro if it helps. Thanks.

It’s removed.

Thanks Andrew.

If it helps anyone, it looks like that warning on the dashboard was cached. Its gone now but on my system took a few hours to disappear.