ARI cannot access voicemails

Hello,

I noticed a problem with ARI. I am using Freepbx 2.1.1. When i log into an account that has a voicemail, i get the ff. errors

[i]Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0006.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 526

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0009.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 526

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0004.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0002.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0010.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0007.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: file(/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2005/INBOX/msg0008.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 525

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/recordings/modules/voicemail.module on line 526[/i]

It looks like to me that the ARI doesnt have the right permissions to be able to open the files, Has anyone encountered this kind of problem before.

Thanks would appreciate anyones feedback

Cheers

Look in the mail boxes for look file delete them

lock know issue

run amportal chown to insure the right permissons

Thanks for your reply .

I did not understand what you meant in ur reply with the first two statements:

But anyways thanks for the reply, I issued amportal chown as you suggested and it resolved it (well temporarily…) as it removes the errors. However if a new voicemail comes in, it still shows the error when i log into ARI, if i now issue the command amportal chown again, it resolves the problem, seems like i have to run that command manually to resolve the permission problems. Isnt there a way such that when the voicemails are created, the file permissions are set correctly.

Thanks and Regards.[/i]

Ok do search for voicemail + lock files on the forums
or do a update

are you running trixbox 1.2 ?
if so do yum -y update if you are a brave soul and risk the update (may fix / may break)
That will take you to asterisk 1.2.12.1 and zaptel 1.2.9.1