Appending to the caller ID in outbound route

Hello, all…

I have an outbound route that works fine, but I want to change the caller ID on that route to prepend a number to the calling extension.
I would like to prepend “973” to the actual extension number that is placing the call.
So, if the call is coming from extension 3301, I want the CID to be 9733301
and if call is originated from 3302, the caller ID should be 9733302
and so on…
How can I achieve that in the outbound route, please?

Thanks in advance.

This can be done with some dialplan of your own and a hook, but it’s easier to use the caller id for the extension, is there some reason you can’t do it that way?

how can We auto appending our sip provider they are accepted full like 09733301. Then I would append our internal extension 33301 to last 4 digit 097 then send full to provider should be 09733301.

Apricated your suggestion!

How can I prepend on From: “4778” <sip:4778@;tag=as73076e84?

Example:
How can I prepend on From: “4778+prepend” <sip:4778+prepend@;tag=as73076e84?

Thank in advance!

If you set the Outbound CID for extension 4778 to (for example) 09734778 (and don’t override this in the Outbound Route or the Trunk), then 09734778 will be sent on external calls from extension 4778. If that isn’t working for you, please provide details.

I tried to set the outbound CID for extension 4778 but still does not work
from user still show only extension. pls find below:

For the Outbound Route, confirm that Emergency and Intra-Company are both off, and that Override Extension is set to No. For the Trunk, confirm that Allow Any CID is set.

If you still have trouble, at the Asterisk command prompt type
sip set debug on
make a test call, paste the complete Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

This helpful solution appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.