Anyone have a Digium phone configured with XML AND have ring-answer working? (intercom/page)

If you do, would you mind posting your config? I just want to be able to page like I can with Digium phones if managed by DPMA.

I’ve tried writing my own XML file but invariable things are broken, like the LAN port for ‘hanging’ a laptop off the phone.

Many thanks

Why is the LAN port broken?
When you’re writing the phone config files, start by only writing what you need.

The only config settings that should touch those D-phones’ PC port are pc_port_mode, pc_vlan_id, pc_qos, and 8021x_passthrough. By default, those are set to auto, empty string, 1, and 0.

https://wiki.sangoma.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=274071919#XMLConfiguration2.9.25+-Network(Interfaces)

The alert_info handlers are configured as alerts, a child of ringtones:

<config>
    <ringtones>
        <alerts>
            <alert alert_info="normal" ringtone_id="Digium" ring_type="normal" />
            <alert alert_info="ring-answer" ringtone_id="Digium" ring_type="ring-answer" />
            <alert alert_info="intercom" ringtone_id="" ring_type="answer" />
            <alert alert_info="visual" ringtone_id="" ring_type="visual" />
        </alerts>
    </ringtones>
</config>

Note that by default, no alerts are loaded onto the phone.

Where what goes in the alert_info definition is exactly what follows the “Alert-Info:” in the SIP INVITE.
iirc FreePBX sends a URI (http://127.0.0.1) before the actual text, which is kosher, so that’d need to be part of the definition. You’ll have to see what your FreePBX is sending.

1 Like

something about the minimal XML config broke it. As soon as I reset the phone to factory defaults it started working again. This was the config I was using to provision the phone.

2023-09-08 15:19:13] VERBOSE[4075][C-000000bf] pbx.c: Executing [PAGE40@app-paging:7] Dial("Local/PAGE40@app-paging-00000091;2", "PJSIP/40/sip:[email protected]:5060;ob,5,A()b(autoanswer^s^1(ring-answer,<uri>;answer-after=0))") in new stack

There’s a completeish log here

https://pastebin.com/5wyrzAcn

For some reason 127.0.1.1 seems to be being quoted instead of 127.0.0.1

I’ve used the endpoint manager and non DPMA in the past. Here’s how I got paging to work without ringing, if that’s what you’re asking for here.

By default Digium phones and newer FreePBX versions mated together will ring and then intercom for intercom and paging calls (alert info ring-answer which is the default). You can force the Digiums to auto answer a page or intercom call without the leading ring using the following cli commands to modify the paging piece of the database.

fwconsole mysql m
update paging_autoanswer set setting=‘intercom’ where useragent=‘Digium’
quit
fwconsole reload

The config you’re using there isn’t a minimal config, that’s touching lots of stuff. I’m not keen on sorting through that to figure out what’s sad for your environment.

Start by just defining your account, e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<config>
    <accounts>
        <account index="0" status="1" register="1" account_id="101" username="101" authname="101" password="1234" passcode="1234" line_label="Bobby J" caller_id="Bobby J" dial_plan="[0-8]xx">
            <host_primary server="asterisk.example.com" port="5060" transport="udp" />
        </account>
    </accounts>
</config>

And then add from there.

Thanks, used this line instead

update paging_autoanswer set setting='intercom' where useragent = 'Digium';

And that seemed to work better - I’ll test it now…

thank you

OK so that didn’t work…

but this did…

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<config>
    <accounts>
        <account index="0" status="1" register="1" account_id="101" username="40" authname="40" password="x" passcode="x" line_label="A" caller_id="A" dial_plan="[0-8]xx">
            <host_primary server="192.168.0.18" port="5060" transport="udp" />
        </account>
    </accounts>
    <ringtones>
        <alerts>
            <alert alert_info="normal" ringtone_id="Digium" ring_type="normal" />
            <alert alert_info="ring-answer" ringtone_id="Digium" ring_type="ring-answer" />
            <alert alert_info="intercom" ringtone_id="" ring_type="answer" />
            <alert alert_info="visual" ringtone_id="" ring_type="visual" />
        </alerts>
    </ringtones>
</config>

And what was unexpectedly good was I seem to have been able to achieve a hybrid configuration where I’ve configured the image and backlight settings, timezones etc on the webGUI then I told the phone to ‘reconfigure’ and I expected it to overwrite the prior settings, but I guess becauase they’re not doubly defined in the above XML it didn’t.

So fingers crossed that’s the solution!

Thank you !!

I don’t recommend doing a hybrid configuration. You’ll eventually run into some trouble. The way the phone loads config, things configured via the webUI take precedence over the things configured via fetched XML, so…while what you’re doing is technically possible, we generally tell people not to do that, because they often end up hurting themselves.

In other areas of the link I posted, you’ll see how you can configure image and backlight and timezone via the XML config as well.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.