"Answer" Call But Keep Ringing

In trying to resolve this I tried adding the number I have specified in GV as the other number to ring in to the first ring group so that the PBX would do what I wanted google to do. I could answer it there, or if I don’t then it goes to ring group 2 to ring until the caller hangs up. I wasn’t wild about that because the call is flowing through the PBX and more hops, routing, lag, etc. Turns out though it won’t work because for whatever reason, the call comes in, and then when the call gets sent to the ring group extensions and the other number in ring group 1, it seems to transfer the call to the other number. The extensions stop ringing, only the outside number rings.

I then got to thinking how I could send that DTMF 1 out just as the motif is doing when I transition from ring group 1 to ring group 2. I changed the announcement in ring group 2 to a recording of a DTMF 1 tone. Nope.

Last option is trying to do some custom scripting to make the PBX send out a DTMF tone when I transition from ring group 1 to ring group 2. The Simonics GV gateway option even says you need to send this tone out to ensure you avoid google voicemail (http://support.simonics.com/support/solutions/articles/3000031917-how-do-i-prevent-google-s-voicemail-from-answering-the-call-asterisk-)

I googled around for how to send a DTMF tone about this and found this post https://community.freepbx.org/t/send-dtmf-from-ivr/30146/2

I tried putting it together and added this to extensions_custom.conf:

[custom-senddtmf1]
exten => s,1,noop(entering user defined context [custom-senddtmf1] in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => s,n,answer()
exten => s,n,senddtmf(1)
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/7782)

I added the custom destination [custom-senddtmf1,s,1] and set it as the destination of ring group 1.

And if you guessed it didn’t work, you’re right. Logs show:

[2018-04-18 02:39:00] VERBOSE[1506][C-00000014] pbx_builtins.c: Goto ([custom-senddtmf1,s,1)
[2018-04-18 02:39:00] WARNING[1506][C-00000014] pbx.c: Channel 'SIP/773-00000032' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=[custom-senddtmf1,s,1

I think this is a matter of my scripting not being right. I don’t know if this is going to fix it, but I’d like to get the scripting right to see if it would. Right now it seems I don’t have it coded correctly.