Announcing new Dashboard feature

Big thanks go to @miken32 who’s latest code contribution adds the ability for Admins to scratch notes right on the PBX Dashboard. The changes are in QA now, so expect this feature to show up in the edge repo in the next day or two. Here’s a sneak peak:

Under the covers, the notes are written to the mysql table asterisk.kvstore_Dashboard:

MariaDB [asterisk]> select * from asterisk.kvstore_Dashboard where `val` like "%content%";
+------------+-------------------------------------------------+----------+-------+
| key        | val                                             | type     | id    |
+------------+-------------------------------------------------+----------+-------+
| 1597667741 | {"content":"This is an example Dashboard Note"} | json-obj | notes |
| 1597667756 | {"content":"This is a second Note"}             | json-obj | notes |
| 1597668202 | {"content":"Thanks @miken32!"}                  | json-obj | notes |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)
7 Likes

I actually never knew I needed this until now, this is amazing :heartpulse:

1 Like

Nice addition, here is an offering you might want to add to your automations or a memo for your provisioner , or indeed for us who have CRS.

#!/bin/bash
mysql asterisk -e "SET sql_mode='ANSI_QUOTES';insert into asterisk.kvstore_Dashboard ( \"key\", val, type,id) values ('$(date +%s)','{\"content\":\"${1}\"}','json-obj','notes')"
1 Like

Another stupid question on my part. On a couple systems I enabled this feature from Edge and had to enable it and I thought it was enabled in the Advanced Settings. After some recent module updates, I cannot find where to enable/disable the dashboard notepad.

Can someone please advise where this setting is? Found it once but lost it! My life in a nutshell!

Thanks!

John

Very good. I had suggested an ability to make notes to save info on events and solutions and I am glad that it is now considered useful. Thanks.

Is it possible to remove, delete, or hide this Notepad widget from the Dashboard ?