All Circuits Busy

Hello all,

I am new to FreePBX and VOIP in general and I am currently working on a VOIP system consiting of about 30 aastra phones which was already setup and running when i began working on it. My question is this. I have been adding alot of new extentions and I have noticed that whenever I add a new extention and ‘apply configuration changes’, there is a period of about 5-10 minutes where all cicuits are busy and nobody can dial out. Does the PBX box reboot when I ‘apply configuration changes’?

There must be a way to make changes without all circuits becoming busy. Maybe there is a problem with the initial setup? If anyone has any info about this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Curtis

You’re going to have to provide some debugging information.

Follow these steps:

1. make a call and capture the logs from the cli

2. apply a change

3. do the same as 1, but when the system is failing

Post the results to http://pastebin.ca and we can take a look. If you need more help, go ahead and ask.

Are the logs located under Reports / Call Logs in FreePBX and search for that call? Thanks

No, go into the cli (asterisk -rvvvvv) and make a call. Then copy and paste that output. The CDR reports will not be helpful in this particular situation.

Sorry, I am very new to this whole thing. In FreePBX i went under the ‘Tools’ tab and then ‘Asterisk CLI’, there i see a command field with an execute button under it. Is this where I should be? Thanks for your patience.

Ok, sorry I don’t have a lot of time right now to respond to this, but you need to use a program called putty to ssh into your server, then run “asterisk -rvvvvvvv” and copy and paste the results to http://pastebin.ca

If there are any terms you don’t know in there, google them and you’ll probably figure it out, or post again and I’ll try to help you when I get more time (which will be next week sometime). But try google first. Also, I have a post on the trixbox forums in the “help” forum that talks you through collecting troubleshooting data. It’s the one about “dentists” and I’ll probably clean it up and post it here in the Wiki or something. Anyway, check that out.