After the updates, "fail2ban should always be running" caught fire

Hello! After updating the modules in the web interface, I got the error “fail2ban should always be running” and started looking for a solution to the problem and none of the suggestions on this forum helped me, although there are a couple of articles with a very similar problem.

After reading one of the articles, I realized that 0 should be returned and it is returned.

/var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/Sysadmin.class.php

private function checkfail2ban() {
            exec("service fail2ban status 2>&1", $output, $ret);
            if ($ret === 0) {
                    return $this->genAlertGlyphicon('ok', "Fail2ban running");
            }
            return $this->genAlertGlyphicon('critical', "Fail2Ban should always be running");
    }

I tried the same but it didn’t work!

chmod 644 /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.pid
fwconsole chown
service fail2ban start

Please, help?

paste the issue of

service fail2ban status

1 Like

[root@sip html]# service fail2ban status
Systemd shim for fail2ban running ‘/usr/sbin/systemctl status fail2ban’
● fail2ban.service - Fail2Ban Service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/fail2ban.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-06-10 18:16:35 MSK; 1h 6min ago
Process: 11153 ExecStop=/usr/bin/fail2ban-client stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 11199 ExecStart=/usr/bin/fail2ban-client -x start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 11197 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/run/fail2ban (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 11203 (fail2ban-server)
CGroup: /system.slice/fail2ban.service
├─11203 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/fail2ban-server -b -s /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sock -p /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.pid -x
└─11205 /usr/libexec/gam_server

В логах не чего странного не наблюдаю…

That shows it running. refresh your status screen

1 Like

And rebooted the server and updated and cleared the logs did not help. Very strange issue…

you will have call Sangoma as sysadmin is closed source.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have the opportunity to do so! I can’t figure out what exactly is missing or wrong?

How does he check to write this error?

I don’t use sysadmin. Maybe someone else?

1 Like

Please, help?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.