After Hours Calls based upon schedule

I’m looking to try to integrate a calendar(google) into a ring group. When someone calls in after hours and has an emergency they can press 9 on the IVR. Currently that goes to a ring group where I manually enter the techs cell phone numbers based upon who is scheduled “on call” that week. I’m looking to try to integrate that with a calendar/schedule. So based upon who is scheduled on call for that day/week/weekend it will go to that ring group.

To take it one step further(if possible) would be enter the techs phone numbers in their user profile and have it pull their number based on the name on the schedule. This way if it isn’t always the same 2 or 3 people together it pulls based upon who is scheduled not a “group” of techs per say.

Hope that make sense or maybe there is a better way of doing it.

How many techs are we talking about?

You can write a script to query the Google Calendar API and read the attendees, event details etc and based on that login/out techs from/to the queue with their cellphone number.

The easier and more “not clean way” would be to create a calendar and a queue for each tech and use time conditions to run through the calendars and queues

Anywhere from 1 to 4 based upon the time of year.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.