Add background images to Cisco 7965

I don’t have one, I’m just keeping this topic alive until I’m able to do this correctly, I’ve tried other articles and such, but have had no luck due to my lack of experience and what have you, there’s a lot I wish I was able to do with these Cisco phones, but… yeah… >_<

OK - we’ve given you a lot of things to look at, and the only feedback you’re actually giving us has been “Nope - try again”.

You need to be specific, tell us everything about how you are doing this, including the picture format, the XML line you are using, and where you are setting it.

Finally, remember that you chose the SIP image. The CPU and memory in these phones barely supports SIP - adding additional features (like programmable function buttons) may just be outside the scope for this phone.

I always advocate for Chan-SCCP-B for these phones. They are a brick when loaded with SIP, and even the simplest functions are sometimes impossible.

And here we go again… too commonly have I been accused of rejecting help, it’s getting infuriating and it makes me less likely to ask for help, makes me give up.

I have said three times, and now four, I’m hosting the PBX on a virtual machine whilst using TFTPD, both on my Windows Machine. I’m using the SEPMAC.cfg.xml for the 7941 and 7965.

I am aware, but still, the support for it should still be available, hence my commitment for this project.

Chan-SCCP I don’t seem to understand to begin with, I’m just going based on 22408Aaron’s guide

Check your TFTP logs. I got my 7965 yesterday and hooked it up. When I go to the menu to select background images, it hits the TFTP with this request:

Aug 23 09:37:54 bell tftpd[23250]: tftpd: trying to get file: Desktops/320x212x16/List.xml

Ah, where would I find the log? And folder’s can’t be named with the /… I can only use the Windows Directories which use \

Like some other people on this forum you will quickly exhaust everyone’s goodwill if you ask questions like “where do I find the log?” - I don’t know, I don’t run your TFTP server. Look around on the disk or ask Google. Once you figure it out and determine whether the phone is requesting the Desktops files, then we can move ahead.

By the way, I’m pretty sure every Windows service handles the transposition of / and \ without any trouble.

1 Like

Cisco’s pretty picky about it though, right?

It’s not a cisco thing. It’s plain old TFTP.

I run TFTPD so… X_X

What are you trying to say?

I don’t know yet, all I know is TFTPD is pretty slow to send files and such… but I found a log in TFTPD, but it all seems to point to DHCP

I’m essentially not even using the FreePBX TFTP server due to my lack of knowledge of the Asterisk file system, I just very simply don’t know what to do, I’m just using 22408Aaron’s guide, I’ve looked through other guides, I’m not as knowledgeable and I’m in a different situation than most

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.