Accessing the Console Port from a Lap Top LAN Port

Hello

I don’t have a USB to Serial Console cable and wanted to know if there is a way to access the Console port on my FreePBX 60 via the LAN port on my Lap Top? Is there a piece of software that I can download to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Michael

Have you tried using the Web management port? It should be something like http://192.168.x.x/ which should get directed to an admin page.

Short of that, getting a USB/Serial adapter is trivial both from a cost and availability perspective.

Wouldn’t putty.exe for Windows work or is port 22 non functioning in this appliance?

I’m going to see if putty will work. I’ve been advised by Sangoma to reload an image / distro file (from the FreePBX.org) and restore a backup (this is to resolve an issue I’m having with a A200 card). The instructions point to using the console port as a means to interact with installation. I may have to purchase the correct cable before proceeding.

Thanks
Michael

I don’t think putty will work until the image is installed and your pbx installation is up and running. You’re going to have to use the com port or whatever I/O the appliance provides you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.