Accessing the Console Port from a Lap Top LAN Port

(Michael Coulton) #1

Hello

I don’t have a USB to Serial Console cable and wanted to know if there is a way to access the Console port on my FreePBX 60 via the LAN port on my Lap Top? Is there a piece of software that I can download to make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Michael

(Dave Burgess) #2

Have you tried using the Web management port? It should be something like http://192.168.x.x/ which should get directed to an admin page.

Short of that, getting a USB/Serial adapter is trivial both from a cost and availability perspective.

(John Jarrett) #3

Wouldn’t putty.exe for Windows work or is port 22 non functioning in this appliance?

(Michael Coulton) #4

I’m going to see if putty will work. I’ve been advised by Sangoma to reload an image / distro file (from the FreePBX.org) and restore a backup (this is to resolve an issue I’m having with a A200 card). The instructions point to using the console port as a means to interact with installation. I may have to purchase the correct cable before proceeding.

Thanks
Michael

(John Jarrett) #5

I don’t think putty will work until the image is installed and your pbx installation is up and running. You’re going to have to use the com port or whatever I/O the appliance provides you.

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.