I have a FreePBX 18.104.22.168 system running Asterisk 1.8.13.
I am using Aastra 6737i handsets with the latest 22.214.171.12468 firmware.
The issue I am having is with called party ID and caller ID during transfers. Looking at other posts people have this working but I am struggling.
My test configuration is:
I have added the following two lines to the other sip settings section of the sip settings module and verified they appear in the sip_general_additional.conf file
The issue is the same with or without these lines so I guess they aren’t required.
Each of my three test extensions (201 Test 1, 202 Test 2 & 203 Test 3) are configured with trustrpid=yes and sendrpid set to Send P-Asserted-Identity Header and I have verified that trustrpid=yes and sendrpid=pai appear for each extension in sip_additional.conf.
aastra.conf has both these lines:
sip update callerid: 1
sip pai: 1
I have restarted both Asterisk and the handsets just in case.
This is what happens:
I call 202 from 201. While it is ringing the screen on 201 displays just ‘202’ and doesn’t show the name of 202. The screen on 202 displays 201 and the name (Test 1). BUT, when I answer 202 the display on 201 goes to two lines, both with 202 displayed and the display on 202 changes to showing 201 on both lines.
It is as if it is using the number when it should be using the name.
Anyone got any ideas?
Just tried upgrading asterisk to the latest version but it doesn’t make any difference. I am starting to suspect something broken in the Aastra firmware.
You state that you are making changes to the “SIP Settings” module, but you should be looking at the GUI “Advanced Settings” for these settings.
I would like to mention that the Aastra XML scripts also perform this function.
It was one of the first endpoints before Asterisk added the support.
As far as I am aware, the settings in advanced settings are defaults for adding an extension, rather than turning on the functionality in asterisk.
I have been working from this article: http://www.pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/connected-party-id.8923/
I am hoping to do this using the native asterisk functionality in 1.8. It is supposed to be working.
The native functionality does work, I simply was adding that Aastra supports this and many functions via an XML service. It’s very useful.
You are also correct that for RPID to work it must be on the extension and enabled globally.
Yes you are correct Graham, you don’t need to touch "Advanced Settings. At one point I actually knew that:
The thread you reference with recommendations to edit files was the method used before FreePBX 2.9 when support for connectedline() was added to the GUI.
That is one of the threads I saw that said it worked, but it mentions firmware 2.6 and I am using 3.2.2.
So in freepbx 2.9 or 2.10, do I need to do anything else other than set the trustrpid to yes and sendrpid to PAI?
Ps. I am using PBX in a Flash as the distro
With a current PIAF Purple install, the only thing I had to do was change the two settings under the extension settings, nothing else.
I did state I was using 2.x firmware but I just upgraded to 126.96.36.1994 and confirm it is still working, I am not testing with your phone model, using 31i and 57i
Could you post or send me your aastra.cfg in case it is something I am missing in that?
Sent via PM. I doubt you will find anything useful there.
Thanks for that. I was under the impression that I needed
sip update callerid: 1
to allow the ID to be updated, but I can’t see it in your config files. Could my issue be I have that turned on and you don’t?
For this to work in FreePBX you need to go into the extension set trustrpid to yes and sendrpid to Send P Asserted.
That is all you need to do. Nothing inside the Aastra phones need any settings.
Actually my settings above work fine on a 39i and 55i but it appears they do not work on 6735 or 6737 phones. Looks like another item the 6735/37 do not support yet.
Ok, so the
sip update callerid: 1
May be interfering, I will try turning it off when I get in the office.
Thanks for the help.
Ah, ok, so I may not be going mad and it may be it doesn’t work on the handsets I am using.
I have tried contacting Aastra but the response was basically “go and talk to a distributor” whose response will be “it’s a box with a part number…”
I will try logging a call with the Disti and see what happens.
Thank you for all your help, this is now fixed.
I removed the trustrpid and sendrpid lines from the other sip settings section in FreePBX and, more importantly, set “sip update callerid: 0” in the aastra.cfg file.
Once that was done it all worked perfectly.
I enabled that parameter on my 67xxi series Aastra phone (FW 188.8.131.524) and can confirm that it interferes with Asterisk connectedline(). I’m not sure what it is intended to do, perhaps it is required for the reverse CID used by the XML scripts alluded to above.
Further experimentation leads me to think that this is only an issue with firmware 3.x. Enabling/disabling the parameter doesn’t have any affect on my phones running 184.108.40.2069
Thanks for the confirmation… it is good to know I hadn’t gone completely mad!