Aastra 57i conference feature(s) Is there anyway this can be done?

All

Have, Connected to Asterisk 1.4.19 currently running, FreePBX 2.3.1.0

Aastra 57i (user A) receives call from ZAP trunk. User A decides that the outside caller and needs to speak with Aastra 57i 9 (user b) User A hits the Conference key on the 57i and gets User B on the line with the ouside call.

Is there a key stroke combination for user a, to leave the conference with user b, and the outside call. I have read that * flash * should be able to perform this. I have setup and Flash softkey, but * flash * does not work.

I know about putting the call into call parking etc, I just want to know if there is a direct keystroke combo to do this.

Thanks

ps aastra 57i have latest software

no - you are using the built in conference function of the phone, so once that phone is hung up, you have ended all calls. However, if you transfer the person to a meetme button (in the latest aastra xml 2.0, the conference is then held on the pbx, and any user can hangup without affecting other users.

You could build a softkey that does something like dtmf ##500 - 500 being a conference built in freepbx, and ## being the transfer key sequence - but you would still need to call 500 when done. You could create a dedicated conference for each extension, but the short answer is - no there is nothing that will meet your exact desires.

If you put a feature request in the trac, i think you would describe it as supervised transfer with conference - maybe it will be considered for the next version.

I don’t have a Aastra 57i, we use 9133i. We also don’t have a conferance button but transfer. we can do what you are describing. Take a call, realize you need to bring another into the call so you the call on hold/transfer, call a second person they pick up and then bring the call back from hold and all three are talking. If I hang up the other two stay connected and I can go about my business.

It’s documented in the phones little manual.

Hope that helps.

hmm, thats interesting, I have had users try to do that on the 5i series, and it doesnt seem to work, maybe i will have to mess with it.

All

fskrotzki is correct. The 9133i manual page 26 clearly states:

1. To exit the conference leaving
    the other two parties connected,
    disconnect by placing
    the handset back on-hook or by
    pressing the (graphic hangup key)

In the 57i manual says to use the arrows keys to scroll through the list of the parties on the call. When a name /number is displayed, pressing (right arrow key) drops the displayed party from the call.

Really no solid mention of this feature like te 9133i manual.

I will try to see if I can do the function this evening and report back

Thanks to all