AAH 2.8/Freepbx not creating extensions (new prob?)

Hi Guys,

Similar subject to some other posts and I have checked them out, but I seem to have a different issue:

The system has been working fine for about 3 months but when I went to make another extension the other day, it appeared on the list in freepbx but not in the flash panel and the phone wouldn’t register. Having done some checks, there were no entries for the new extension in the /etc/asterisk files and so I added them manually and things were working fine, but it seems that everything done via freepbx is not being actioned - I have checked the mysql database (via phpmyadmin) and the entries are in there, it’s just the config files are not being edited.

Things I have verified:

freepbx: 2.2.0beta1
mysql: 4.1.20
Javascript on desktop PC and home laptop - OK
Permissions on /etc/asterisk files - still as per defaults

Any thoughts. We’re likely to move to Trixbox sometime and start from scratch but this is not planned for perhaps another month and I’d like to keep the current system working until then.

Thanks

go run V/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf at the cmd prompt
see error

did you install the CID module?if so that is the cause (90 % sure) remove it.

[quote=“bubba”]go run V/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf at the cmd prompt
see error

did you install the CID module?if so that is the cause (90 % sure) remove it.[/quote]

Bubba,

I could kiss you (send photo first!) - you struck a chord when you mentioned the CID module as that came onboard a week or so ago when we ran an update. I’ve removed it and things are working again.

Many many thanks

Yea that and the last phone book is causing some issues…

No photo need just google Big Ape I look like that only not as good looking and with more hair…(or fur if you ask the Ole Lady)