A little bit of friendly help please with some Mitel 5224 phones

Hi, I’m new to FreePBX and i have the system configured with a couple of softphones and things appear to be working but i am having trouble getting my Mitel 5224 phones to register with the system and I was hoping that someone could help me with this. I have all the IP information plugged into the phone using the quickstart and user links on the phone’s web GUI. I also purchased the endpoint manager module and the phones are showing up there as well and allowing me to associate them with the extension that i have created. Everything looks like it should for all intents be working but the phones insist on showing NO REG on the screens. They are using SIP firmware 8.0.0.4 and boot ver. 02.02.00.05 I know that these phones tend to be a little bit of a pain to setup but i’m not wanting to replace them so please if you can think of some things that i might be missing then please help. I am a 15 year IT Administrator who is scratching his head here. I have them on a DHCP server with my FreePBX box as the option 66 and there is no special VLANS or anything on this simple network. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

Check the /var/log/asterisk/full log file and see what is happening when the phone Is trying to register. That will help us troubleshoot this.

So i am going to be so bold as to say that i figured it out. Mitel phones seem to work with only setting them up with the freepbx proxy and extension number and secret. If you try to configure anything else in their web interface then they refuse to work. Cynjut, i appreciate your willingness to help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.