*76 DND Hints not working with extension (*76xxx)

In the current build of FreePBX 15.0.16.42 with asterisk 16 the hints for DND activation and/or the toggle (*76) don’t seem to work (that is, dialing *76101 won’t specifically toggle the DND status for extension 101.

In the hints, I have
*76101@ext-dnd-hints: Custom:DEVDND101 State:Unavailable Presence:not_set Watchers 1
_*76X.@ext-dnd-hints: Custom:DEVDND${EXTEN State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0

But the toggle only works for the line you are initiating the feature code from. The macro seems to only use the callerid to determine which extension to activate DND.

Are there other configuration options to consider to make this work?

This is normal behavior for DND toggle for as long as I can remember. To have it work differently would require defining your own feature code prefix, a template for which you can see here:Prefix *22 that you can dial in front of a valid system extension to toggle the Follow Me

Thank you. I was thrown off a bit by older posts that referenced the ability to specify the extension similar to Queues and other feature codes. That and the _*76 extension hint script ext-dnd-hints that is in the current installation.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.