500 Internal Server Error!?

We are upgrading our PBX system to the latest FreePBX v14 edition. We made some test phone calls this morning before office hours. We noticed in the trace when we make a call EXT->INT our PBX server’s IP is sending out a ‘500 Internal Server Error’ to our providers IP. The call doesn’t go through whatsoever. However, when we make a call INT->EXT we don’t receive that 500 message and the call goes through successfully. Also, I turned on the SIP debug setting on in the Asterisk CLI, and we had noticed once again, when we make a call EXT->INT, in the CLI we receive an ERROR[8301], however, we didn’t receive that error when making a call INT->EXT. It’s like our server is not allowing an incoming call from the outside world.

SIP SETTINGS:
[Main-Timico-Trunk]
type=peer
directmedia=no
t38pt_udptl=no
transport=udp
host=IP_ADDRESS
port=5060
defaultuser=TimicoSIP
sendrpid=pai
disallowed_methods=UPDATE
nat=force_rport,comedia
secret=
insecure=invite
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
fromdomain=IP_ADDRESS
context=from-trunk-sip-Main-Timico-Trunk

Contents from sip_general_additional.conf:
accept_outofcall_message=yes
auth_message_requests=no
outofcall_message_context=dpma_message_context
faxdetect=no
vmexten=*97
useragent=FPBX-14.0.1.20(13.18.2)
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=alaw
context=from-sip-external
callerid=Unknown
notifyringing=yes
notifyhold=yes
tos_sip=cs3
tos_audio=ef
tos_video=af41
alwaysauthreject=yes
limitonpeers=yes
context=from-sip-external
callerid=Unknown
tcpenable=no
callevents=yes
bindport=5160
jbenable=no
checkmwi=10
maxexpiry=3600
minexpiry=60
srvlookup=no
allowguest=yes
notifyhold=yes
rtptimeout=30
canreinvite=no
rtpkeepalive=0
videosupport=no
defaultexpiry=120
notifyringing=yes
maxcallbitrate=384
rtpholdtimeout=300
g726nonstandard=no
registertimeout=20
registerattempts=0
nat=force_rport,comedia
ALLOW_SIP_ANON=no
tlsbindaddr=[::]:5161
externip=IP_ADDRESS
localnet=IP_ADDRESS/IP_ADDRESS
localnet=IP_ADDRESS/IP_ADDRESS
language=en

I’m not sure why we are sending out the 500 message?

Any ideas, please.

What’s the rest of that error line?

I don’t know. Foolishly I didn’t copy the error, I just remembered the error code. I cut connection from the upgraded PBX to roll back to our older PBX system. Is there anywhere in the logs I can obtain the rest of that error, please?

Asterisk version?

FreePBX 14.0.1.20
Current Asterisk Version: 13.18.3

Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Unfortunately, that number (8301) isn’t an error code. It’s the thread ID, so other than tracking which Asterisk thread generated the error, it’s no help in troubleshooting.

We are going to test again soon hopefully this week. I will copy the error code and post it here. Its really tricky to test, because we only have the one line to work with, we don’t have an additional line for testing purposes.

I have resolved the issue. I didn’t set my trunks up to be PJSIP. I had them set up as Chan_SIP. Thank you for everyone commenting on my question.