403 error outbound calls

Guys I am running Asterisk/1.4.22.1, SIP trunk registered, dial plan in place, outbound routing rules all set up however I cannot make an external phone call, it’s driving me up the wall!

I have a softphone (zoiper) registered however when i attempt a call I get:

call failure
SIP 403 - Forbidden
bearer capability not authorised

any suggestions on where I can look to fix this problem please?

thank you

The best suggestion I can give you is to provide more info on your system. FreePBX version. Installation method. Type of trunking. Console output of a failed call.

trunking is sip (registered)

Softphone is on my network and registered (ext 6005)

I can cant call out

ERROR
call failure
SIP 403 - Forbidden
bearer capability not authorised

Is there something I am missing? I have been looking at http://www.changedirection.itza.uk.com/asterisk-how-to-set-up-configure/ however this has not helped.

Thank you

Hi Ezeki1981,

Did you manage to solve your problem?

I don’t use freepbx, but asterisk on its own. Here’s how I’d configure it. Hopefully you’ll be able to translate this into freepbx config.

I would make sure that your softphone is configured with context=outbound-sip

Then ensure that your sip provider is showing as registered(which I believe you have already). I’m presuming you have your sip trunk as in sip.conf as

[sip-provider]
;settings go here

In extensions.conf you’d have to have the following (this is off the top of my head so you may need to check for exact syntax).

[outbound-sip]
exten => _X.,1,Dial({EXTEN}@sip-provider)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

;end outbound sip

The above will send any number dialled from your softphone to the outbound-sip context (which is why you have to explicitly define it in the phone config in sip.conf).

In the outbound-sip context the _X. matches any number entry. We then say whatever was dialled send it as is to the sip-provider.

If you have all that in place and still get 403 errors I would recommend perhaps setting your softphone to type=friend and insecure=port; Please note that this is not secure for long term use, but just to see if that helps you connect.

Hope that helps!

C

chillerz post has nothing to do with FreePBX