2.10rc issues

On my personal test system, I went ahead and updated the modules to 2.10rc using the tool. All went so well.

FOP panel worked flawlessly allowing transfers and access to voicemail, and even joining in conference calls, quite painlessly. Good Job.

The call recordings worked like a champ, recording even after transfers. This is the biggest issue in one of the production systems I maintain. Good Job!

Backup and Restore, the next thing I tried was a complete backup to a FTP server.
It generated the tarball and deposited it upon another Linux server perfectly.

I then attempted to reload my test system with the net install FreePBX. It wouldn’t let met install 2.10 so I went ahead and loaded the stable 2.9 and then using the tool upgraded to 2.10rc.

Here things became unraveled.

When I try and restore the backup i get ‘Invalid backup for or undefined error’. I even put the tarball unto a pen-drive and then sneaker-netted it to the FreePBX server, same results.

I configured my trunks and extensions and then tried doing a complete ‘local backup’ and then a ‘local restore’ the file is generated during the backup and located during restore, but clicking ‘go’ does nothing I that I can tell. The asterisk log just contains a lot of pbx.c context warnings from when I booted an hour earlier.

Is there some other log I need to be looking at?

I conclude backup is quite not ready for prime time.
I humbly await the php and stable 2.10 update.

Thanks everyone.
Randy

Invalid backup for or undefined error

thanks for the feedback,

we’ve been seeing several issues with backup so will be looking at that and trying to do some more extensive testing to isolate the issues and flush them out.

Glad to hear the recording ‘passed the test’ … I"m sure there are still unfound glitches but we’ve tried really hard to tackle the age old issue of the undependable call recordings…

I think I have the same problem.

I’ve a primary and a backup server, they’re both in 2.10 (last version) and they’re both coming from 2.9

I’ve a Full Backup configured on backup server (i used the template) and I’ve my SSH Server to make the backup of primary server and copying it on the backup server and then restore it on the backup server.

The problem is the restore part that does not work, if I just check the “Restore Here” checkbox, I got no error message but the restore isn’t made. If I don’t check it and make the backup manualy, I got the error message “Invalid backup for or undefined error”.

Is there any solution to restore my backup?

I think I have the same problem.

I’ve a primary and a backup server, they’re both in 2.10 (last version) and they’re both coming from 2.9

I’ve a Full Backup configured on backup server (i used the template) and I’ve my SSH Server to make the backup of primary server and copying it on the backup server and then restore it on the backup server.

The problem is the restore part that does not work, if I just check the “Restore Here” checkbox, I got no error message but the restore isn’t made. If I don’t check it and make the backup manualy, I got the error message “Invalid backup for or undefined error”

Login to freepbx–>maodule admin
Download and update both servers with backup/restore version 2.10.0.14

I haven’t tried it with ssh, but with ftp the backup is created on the remote ftp server. My newest problem is the restore/side won’t find it on the FTP server despite backup/side creating it. The FTP server happens to be my laptop, so I am able to use it’s local browser to login to FreePBX/Restore. Then I navigate(choose file) to the tarball and am able to restore that way. Ideally one should be able to restore the server by specifying the ftp server.

I’m already on this version of backup and restore

I think a got a problem when generating backup of primary server because backup size are ridiculous…

I’ll make some test later to see if I can make the backup correctly.

is there a way to activate debugging when generating and restoring a backup ?

When I try to generate one directly from my web interface I got no message, just the progress bar.

I made a clone of my server, I’m trying to backup the /tftpboot directory to make some kind of dummy backup.

I got this message :

Intializing Backup 1
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…
waiting for lock…

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/dummybackup.png/

What I’ve done now is :

1. creating a full backup on my backup server : OK
  2. restoring the backup to my primary clone server : OK
  3. creating a backup on my primary clone server : Error

Intializing Backup 2
Backup Lock acquired!
Running pre-backup hooks…
Adding items…

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 104857600 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7370973 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/functions.inc/class.backup.php on line 196
mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write

And now when I’m trying to create backup on my primary clone server I got the waiting for lock message.

This was fixed last weekend with the latest Backup Module. The restore portion of all backups was not working. I have tested this a few times and it restores fine now.

FTP Backup
Backup File is created properly on the FTP Server

It so happens my laptop is the FTP Server so I call up the target backup server with the FreePBX gui and am able to am able to upload the backup file using ‘choose file’.

After pressing ‘go’ all went well until I 'Apply Config’
here is that output:

retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Added 45 seconds ago
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

I did an amportal restart all is well now.
so far …
I’m going to keep working at it.
How does one clear the bckup lock?

The problem was CDR database that is too big.

I changed /etc/php.d/freepbx.ini

Default size was 100M, set to 1024M.

Sometimes I got an error whith backups :

Intializing Backup 1
Connecting to remote server…
/bin/tar: Removing leading /' from member names /bin/tar: Removing leading/’ from member names
/bin/tar: Removing leading /' from member names /bin/tar: Removing leading/’ from member names
/bin/tar: Removing leading `/’ from member names
Prossesing received file…
Storing backup…
Running post-backup hooks…
Restoring backup…
/bin/tar: .etc: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: .tftpboot: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: .var: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Backup successfully completed!

I’m getting the file memory error too, but there is no /etc/php.d/freepbx.ini file in any of the servers I have?

is there any freepbx.ini somewhere else in your filesystem ?

It should contain something like this

memory_limit = 100M

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem.
When i run a backup immediatly (run now button), the backup box show “waiting for lock”.

When i schedule the backup (custom, daily, hourly…), nothing happens and the backup don’t run.

Any idea ?

Freepx : 2.10rc1.0
Backup & Restore : 2.10.0.14

Thanks.

You can first try to reboot your server, if you still have the problem you can comment some lines in the file :

/var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/bin/backup.php

//while (!$b->acquire_lock()) {
// backup_log(_(‘waiting for lock…’));
// sleep(10);
//}

you’ll pass the lock test to see if you’ve other errors. When I had the lock problem, I edited the file then generated a backup. After that, I restored the file and I was able to generate a backup without lock problem.

I updated all modules today including backup & restore 2.10.0.16.

I tried the backup again, still the same error.

Intializing Backup 1
Connecting to remote server…
/bin/tar: Removing leading `/’ from member names
Prossesing received file…
Storing backup…
Restoring backup…
/bin/tar: .etc: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: .tftpboot: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: .var: Not found in archive
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Backup successfully completed!

does anyone else have trouble with Restore. I am successfully creating backups (yes, I had to change memory size limit too). I am trying to create a backup machine with all the settings/sound files/etc.

Restore does not work:
“Invalid backup for or undefined error”