2.10 Backup proceedure not working properly

Hello All,

I’m going to break this down as best I can.

1. Built a NEW 2.9x box
  2. Updated it via the upgrade scripts to 2.10
  3. Updated everything through today so it was 100% current ( this includes the new backup release )
  4. Setup the backup configuration to backup a primary box
  5. Executed a backup with run now

once that completed I went to apply the changes and got this error:
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Saw the above issue last week when G729 codecs were stopping asterisk from loading, but there is no g729 codec here.

started asterisk manually but web interface still showing errors.
Restarted server and no luck.

What is the error retrieve_conf is having. My guess is your 2 servers have different manager password so backup server can not connect to asterisk manager because the password for the manager is different.

fresh install, FTP’d the backup from primary server to the newly built server, restored evyerthing and the restore failed:
Critical Error retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Ignore this
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Added 10 seconds ago
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

Both servers have the lastest backup version:
Backup & Restore 2.10.0.15

But I believe both are the same.

No each install has a unique manager password. You will need to make sure both have the same one.

Sorry, was thinking admin… yes your right, but on a restore it would be restoring everything. Making the new DB password and the conf file match wouldn’t it?

Depending on what you are picking to restore it would except asterisk loads the manager settings in memory so when FreePBX tries to connect with what it has after the restore asterisk will not let is since it has in memory what the username and password is. You have to reload the manager module in asterisk or restart it.