**Solved**How to create IP based authentication with two Asterisk servers using FreeBPX

Hi all,

I’m new to FreeBPX and Asterisk, my service provider is telling me to use IP base authentication only for the SIP trunk with them and my server. I tried different ways on this but nothing was successful. All the time giving it gives SS-NO service or some other error as the out put, below are my configurations on the FreeBPX trunk

PEER Details

USER Details

type=peer
host=1XX.XXX.XXX.XXX
context=from-internal
qualify=yes
nat=no
trustrtp=yes
insecure=yes
autocreatepeer=yes

if i add fromuser on both side(on My user Details and providers peer details), trunk is working fine… any idea what will be the issue, i haven’t change any other settings that this.

Thanks in Advance

This is very common for wholesale carriers. The below peer will work. You must know the carriers IP of the softswitch that will be sending the SIP invites. Use that in the host field. Modify the CODEC as required.

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=x.x.x.x
insecure=very
port=5060
qualify=yes
type=friend

Thanks Sky… it worked like a magic… thanks a lot,

i have another issue, if they give multiple IP address, do we have to use multiple peers or just add permit allow on the peer setting ???

Thanks in advance

I would use multiple peers. It is the most reliable.

No magic to the config. It matches SIP invites based on IP’s

I would highly suggest reading the sip.conf documentation over at voip-info.org.

Perhaps you need to use a register string - ask for the details from your provider
Should be like below:

5551231234:[email protected]/5551231234

Your trunk from provider: your password@your provider address/your number

Thanks bro,

but he’s not providing me any of the passwords, he telling me to just use the IP as the authentication method.

so for that shall i use the registry string as below, will it be working

5551231234:@sip3.voipvoip.com/5551231234

Thanks again for the support, I’ll get back to you by doing some testing with the details you provided.

It might be useful to mention who the provider is, that way those whom use that one could chime in.

Otherwise, it is a bit difficult to know how to advise you.

As a side note, there are lots of providers that make this easy on you. It would have to be one heck of a deal for me to use a provider that is hard to set up.

thanks Sky…

HI

My ISP service provide me a router and placed a Alcatel-Lucent phone (IP phone) to me. this Device is working as IP phone for incoming call. and it configuration is below

IP 192.168.255.195
sub 255.255.255.224
router 192.168.255.193
TFTP1 192.168.92.246
TFTP2 255.255.255.255

CPU1 192.168.92.246
CPU2 255.255.255.255

So please let me know how can i configure this ip in my freePbx to receive calls from FreePBX