[SOLVED]Getting Data from Online Server...Cant Reach Online Server

The only thing I can think of is that the PI is running out of memory. But really the XML file is only 2mb.

since I could download the file manually via wget successfully where do I place it? Maybe I can somehow manually work through this.?

By the way THANK YOU for helping!!!

Unfortunately the system doesnt work like this.

What is odd is that everything was working before. I do have a proxy server, but I bypassed it just to make sure that isnā€™t the problem. Any other ideas?

The only thing that was done was combine 4 xml files into 1. So the xml file size is now 2.0 mb. If the PI canā€™t handle thatā€¦

Iā€™m having the same exact issue, and Iā€™m not using a proxy nor a firewall. The PBX is in fact just behind the routerā€™s NAT.
I also canā€™t update my modules as I get this (I can wget the xml though.):

Warning: Error retrieving updates from online repository(s)
(http://mirror1.freepbx.org,http://mirror2.freepbx.org). Online modules
are not available.

It has worked fine until 2 hours ago.

I am not using PI so I donā€™t think that is the issue. And I did upgrade from 5.2 to 6.12.65-24

This is what I get if I try to update modules from CLI:

[root@localhost ~]# amportal a ma upgradeall

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php..

no repos specified, using: [standard] from last GUI settings

Upgrading: conferences, conferencespro, faxpro, ivr, paging, pagingpro, parking, pinsets, pinsetspro, queues, qxact_reports, recordings, sipsettings, sysadmin, ucp, userman, voicemail, voicemail_report, webrtc, xmpp
Upgrading conferences..
The following error(s) occured:
 - Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

But Iā€™m getting this more often:

[root@localhost ~]# amportal a ma upgradeall

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php..

no repos specified, using: [standard] from last GUI settings

Up to date.

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS....................Done
Removing any dangling symlinks
Dangling symlinks removed

Like Iā€™ve previously stated. If you can see ā€œhttp://mirror.freepbx.org/all-12.0.xmlā€ then its not a problem with the freepbx servers.

You can also connect to mysql and try:

alter table module_xml CHANGE data data longblob;

Then see if you can update

Database changed
mysql> alter table module_xml CHANGE data data longblob;
Query OK, 12 rows affected (0.13 sec)
Records: 12 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0

mysql> quit;
Bye
[root@pbx01 ~]# amportal a ma refreshsignatures

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.phpā€¦

Getting Data from Online Serverā€¦Done
Checking Signatures of Modulesā€¦
Checking accountcodepreserveā€¦Good
Checking announcementā€¦Signature Invalid
Refreshing announcement
The following error(s) occured:

• Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

What ISP are you guys using? Iā€™m on Comcast.

The module xml that is in the database is corrupt thats what that really means.

Is that something that I can fix or is that just the result of it not being able to download the XML file through the interface?

Same issue here and thereā€™s no firewall, not even NAT. My server has a routable IP address and I disabled iptables on it, just for the sake of argument.
FreePBX was version 2.11 and I started to update it this morning, thatā€™s when all the hell broke loose.

seems like we have enough different people with the problem to say there is something going on. Seems like everyone was upgrading and then ran into this issue. I understand that the site is up, but something on these systems are not allowing it to upgrade. Could something during the upgrade have broken behind the scenes? Also is there a way to download and upgrade the modules manually?

Well no, internally I have spun up a VM and went from 2.11 to 12 and it worked. I also tested 3 other VMs in a different datacenter and they are all fine. So itā€™s really hard for me to justify that something is ā€œbrokenā€ here. Especially if I canā€™t replicate it.

I have also had another developer check online and he also did not have issues

Yes but do you really want to do this manually? I dont think so.

Which from being a developer I can understand your position! Is there anything else I can do on my end to give more information? Iā€™ve been using tcpdump on the firewall to see if I can see what is happening(or not).

So if I was to manually update the modules what would the correct process be? Thanks again for working with us!

You will have to download each tarball individually and then upload each one individually and process each one individually.