MOH from IP address using Streaming Catagory of Settings/MOH

/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -s --mono -r 22500 -f 8192 -b 1024 XXXX://10.1.3.250
The XXXX is to get the link statement to be accepted by the post. Replace by http for correct statement entered into FreePBX. This statement is accepted by the GUI Application update process.
The label for the category “ON HOLD IP” shows up in the file folder /var/lib/asterisk/moh.
I can not get the stream MOH to take the place of the “default” files and run the MOH audio from the IP stream.
How do you tell FreePBX to point to the Streaming Category?

From the command prompt:

nano /etc/asterisk/musiconhold_additional.conf

Add the following lines:

[default]
mode=custom
application=/usr/bin/mpg123 -q -r 8000 -f 8192 --mono -s http://whatever

(you can replace the /usr/bin/mpg123 with whatever you want).

Then restart your machine (or at least do an

amportal restart

from the command line.

I’ve found MOH streaming to be very unreliable BTW.

If the above does not work, you may try changing the [default] entry in musiconhold_additional.conf, but that change will be overwritten the next time you make a change in FreePBX.

I find the line of code already in the file along with other code as follows -------------------------
<*********>
[ ON HOLD IP ]
mode = custom
application = user/bin/mpg123 -q -s -mono -r 22500 -f 8192 -b 1024 XXXX(again)://10.1.3.258
[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh/
sort=random
[none]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/moh/.nomusic_reserved
sort=alpha.
<
>

I did the restart as suggested, with no change in the performance of the MOH messages stream.
What am I missing here?
Should I remove some of the other directives?
Or is there some other trick I don’t have a clue for?

The file header says "Do NOT edit this file as it is atuo-generated by FreePBX"
How much damage will I cause if I do mess around with this file.
Thanks for your help so far. I can now at least find something that is in the process flow.
Regards

You’re probably not going to do that much damage, because as soon as you do an Apply Config in the GUI the file will be overwritten.

I believe AdHominem meant to refer to musiconhold_custom.conf, not musiconhold_additional.conf.

I am also interested in replacing the ‘default’ MOH category, and I also stream from another server in the local network so it’s a similar setup. I’ll post my findings in the morning (it’s fifteen minutes to quittin’ time).

Unless there is a way that when a handset puts a call on hold, that you can choose a different MOH category but I have yet to find anything like that, seems that handsets will always use the default MOH category. It can be specified everywhere else …

Awaiting you findings. I am not much of a Linux guy so any help you can spare is much appreciated. Finding files is tough for me. Editing a file will be a big step forward.
Regards

This will be resolved in Music on Hold in FreePBX 13