FreePBX 12, and updating from FreePBX distro 5.x to 6.x

Not a huge deal if I have to reload, but I have a test machine setup that had the current 5.x distro loaded, and after seeing the notes about being able to run the update script for distro 6.x I figured I would give it a try.

For the most part all seems OK, I even moved to Asterisk 12 as well, again to look at what it said was going, but the one issue I seem to have is that the dashboard on FPBX is pretty much just a blank now. All the pull-downs to configure the PBX are working just fine, I ran module updates to make sure all was current and again it says all is fine and current. Still when I try and go back to the FPBX status screen, all is says is “Welcome to FreePBX” in a large font, and then if you look closely in an almost white on white, small print it says “Frobulating”.

Has anyone tried this update path, and had this issue, and if so have you resolved it? Thinking something was just missing, I did a re-install on the freepbx rpm, but still the same exact result. Any ideas?

Please run: amportal a dbug

Then refresh the page and post the output here so we can see what the issue is

OK, per your request, here is the debug output after the refresh. Lots of license failed, but sure that is expected, as it’s a baseline load without anything purchased being a test box.

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx_dbug <==
2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/functions.inc.php:0
[WARNING]: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_path is properly configured in your ini file!

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/faxpro/functions.inc.php:0
[WARNING]: License check failed!

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/functions.inc/functions_general.php:0
[WARNING]: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_path is properly configured in your ini file!

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/functions.inc/functions_general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/license.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/license.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/api.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/api.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/auth.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/auth.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/logger.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/logger.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/logger.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/logger.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/router.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/router.class.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/user.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/user.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/helper.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapi/functions.inc/helper.functions.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/callerid/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/callerid/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail_report/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail_report/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vmnotify/enc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vmnotify/enc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/calllimit/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/calllimit/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/functions.inc/license.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/functions.inc/license.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/restapps/functions.inc/restclient.class.php:0
[NOTICE]: Undefined variable: db

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/extensionroutes/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/extensionroutes/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/webcallback/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/webcallback/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/xmpp/functions.inc/userman_hook.php:0
[NOTICE]: Undefined variable: xmpplic

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/licensed.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/functions.inc/licensed.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/areminder/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/areminder/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/parkpro/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/parkpro/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/pagingpro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/pagingpro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/vqplus_conf.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/vqplus_conf.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/destination_registry.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/destination_registry.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/geters_seters.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/geters_seters.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/dialplan.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/dialplan.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/hook_queues.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/vqplus/functions.inc/hook_queues.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/conferencespro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/conferencespro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:25    /var/www/html/admin/modules/cxpanel/brand.php:0
[WARNING]: file_get_contents(/etc/schmooze/operator-panel-brand): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/pinsetspro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/pinsetspro/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/recording_report/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/recording_report/functions.inc/functions.inc.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/freepbx_ha/functions.inc/general.php:0

2014-Aug-20 12:56:26    /var/www/html/admin/modules/freepbx_ha/functions.inc/general.php:0

==> /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log <==
[2014-Aug-20 12:56:26] [WARNING] (libraries/modulefunctions.legacy.php:7) - Depreciated Function module_getinfo detected in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/featurecodes.functions.php on line 36

Well that told me nothing. Did you refresh and get the white page and then copy and paste whatever it spit out at you there?

Did you run: amportal a r

I just ran the amportal a r, on one window, and the dbug in another so I could capture the data for you, but when I go to paste it in, it says I am exceeding the 32000 char limit. I see where I can attach a picture, but no place to attach the code, any way to do this, or someplace I can email it?

I did not want you to capture the output from amportal a r. In fact I never asked for that. Miscommunication.

All I wanted you to do was run: amportal a r

Other than that what browser are you using?

Oh OK, my mistake, I thought you were asking for the debug output of an amportal a r, as that gave a lot more output va just hitting refresh in the browser.

As to the browser I am using, it is Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m, but let me try a couple others real quick.

Ack, now why didn’t I try that, I just tried FireFox 31.0 and it gave me the console screen, let’s try IE.

Worked inside IE 11.0 as well.

I just went back in and cleared all of the chrome data, down to the ground floor, and restarted Chrome and it made me log back into FPBX, but still I just get the “Welcome to FreePBX” and then below it says “Frobulating” whatever that means, and not console display. So it must be a Chrome issue, but I thought FPBX was being based on using Chrome, or maybe that has changed?

We are all using chrome. I’m on 37, others are on 36. It’s something with your machine. You can bring up the developer window in chrome and give us more information in there

Interesting, as it doesn’t even offer me the option to jump to release 37, unless that is a beta by chance. I am on Win7_x64 here, and I have honestly never worked with the dev tools in chrome, but if you let me know what info would be helpful to figure out why it’s not working (It worked with FPBX 11 fine), I am more than happy to post up the information.

I assume by dev options, you mean the tools option that opens the window down below the page being viewed.

Thats the one. Post the javascript errors from there here.

Hi Andrew,

I have the same issue after upgrading from 2.11 to 12. The System Dashboard just shows “Welcome to FreePBX” and Frobulating.

“amportal a dbug” gives me no output when I load the page or refresh
I opened the Chrome Developer console and see this:

Please advise if I can be of more help.

Did you run amportal a r?

Yes I did. Same result. Even tried restarting apache.

Curiously, apache’s error log gives me:

PHP Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /var/www/html/admin/modules/dashboard/Dashboard.class.php on line 127, referer: http://XXXXXXX/admin/config.php?display=index

That’s not an error.

Hmm, well is there anything else I can try?
Otherwise I’ll have to run through some downgrade process until 12 is more mature.

Unless you made a backup that’s going to be impossible.

what does your .htaccess file look like in admin/

#	License for all code of this FreePBX module can be found in the license file inside the module directory
#	Copyright 2013 Schmooze Com Inc.
#
SetEnv HTACCESS on
# Disallow all file access first
#
<FilesMatch "\..*$">
	Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

# Now allow /admin, /admin/config.php and /admin/index.php as well as the various assets
#
<FilesMatch "(^$|index\.php|config\.php|ajax\.php|\.(gif|GIF|jpg|jpeg|png|css|js|swf|txt|ico|ttf|svg|eot|woff|wav|mp3|aac|ogg|webm|jar)$)">
	Allow from all
</FilesMatch>

php_value max_input_vars 5000

Ok have you gone to module admin recently. Go there refresh the page a few times. then run:

amportal a r

Hi Andrew,

Yeah, I’ve run the module admin multiple times. Checked for updates multiple times.
Everything that I’ve installed is up to date.

I ran “amportal a r” again. The output is just:

Please wait…

Successfully reloaded

Should .htaccess look different?
The System Status page is still just Frobulating.

The “hooks” for the dashboard display is/are empty. If you feel you must you can go back to a lower version but if we can’t narrow down these rare cases then it will never be fixed and I really don’t know what you’d be waiting for or expecting to be more “mature”.

You also removed the image which was helpful. So now that the image is gone I have no debug. I am unsure the reasoning for you removing it.